San Francisco: Airport Lounge

babs135

We will be flying back to the UK with British Airways and could have as long as 5 hours in the airport :eek: We could ask for the car to pick us up a little later or simply turn up early. If we choose the latter decision I was thinking that we could at least book into the lounge and (hopefully) enjoy the amenities without fighting the crowds. However I can't find any up to date details including price.

Grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

We will be flying back to the UK with British Airways and could have as long as 5 hours in the airport :eek: We could ask for the car to pick us up a little later or simply turn up early. If we choose the latter decision I was thinking that we could at least book into the lounge and (hopefully) enjoy the amenities without fighting the crowds. However I can't find any up to date details including price.

Grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I don't believe that you can pay for access to the BA lounge. You might try calling BA direct and ask them. :)

Babs135. I may be wrong but I am sure you only get access to the BA lounge if flying Business/First class or have silver or above BA frequent flyer status. ThIs would also include the partner alliance airlines if you have any loyalty status with them?

Have you looked at Priority Pass lounges? Ask your TA as you can pre book once independently via the TA for the airport if there is a member lounge there. I am sure they will be able to pre book one for you.

We flew back BA from there last September and the check in desk doesn't open up until 3 hours before flight , so it was a long day.

Definitely ask your TA to help you with this. Jean.

There is an American Express Centurion Lounge. You may have access to this lounge if you have an AMEX platinum card. However it off in terminal 3 that is connected to the International terminal.

BA uses the A Gates in the international terminal and the lounges are to your left, just after security.

Priority Pass uses the Air France lounge.

• 4 weeks later...

I just joined Priority Pass as we have some travel planned the next couple of months including a 12 hr lay over at Hong Kong. We might use it at SFO as we have a 11:00 PM flight to HKG and I can't chance San Francisco traffic so will probably get there early or NOT!

Looking forward to trying out PP and see how it works. I thought about the American Express Centurion Club, but it's much more expensive than PP to even upgrade my Gold to Platinum.

I just joined Priority Pass as we have some travel planned the next couple of months including a 12 hr lay over at Hong Kong. We might use it at SFO as we have a 11:00 PM flight to HKG and I can't chance San Francisco traffic so will probably get there early or NOT!

Looking forward to trying out PP and see how it works. I thought about the American Express Centurion Club, but it's much more expensive than PP to even upgrade my Gold to Platinum.

Looks like you'll arrive in HKG very early AM, unfortunately none of the concessions are open until 830-9am except the PP lounges.

The PP lounges in HKG have showers :)

Edited by Philob

Actually, I booked a day use room at the hotel. It was cheaper than paying extra for showers and relaxation rooms at PP. Plus, the hotel included massages, which might feel great after a 15 hour flight. We might then go back inside security and hang out at the PP lounge.

I will probably use PP lounge next Sunday at Orlando airport as we are getting off a cruise ship and don't fly until 3:30 PM.