New Silversea ship ordered - "Silver Moon"

sail1658

To my mind, this is wonderful news. More ships, more variety in itineraries, etc. Capacity -- and thus choice -- in the luxury market is really growing significantly. Despite the initial hiccups with dress code and dinner reservations with the launch of Muse, it appears that Silversea remains in top form during this expansion.

May I just say, I think the name Silver Moon is enchanting.

To my mind, this is wonderful news. More ships, more variety in itineraries, etc. Capacity -- and thus choice -- in the luxury market is really growing significantly. Despite the initial hiccups with dress code and dinner reservations with the launch of Muse, it appears that Silversea remains in top form during this expansion..

Appreciate this interesting article, the added details/background, etc. Agree much to what Observer posted as to this generally being good news with more variety, offerings, better itineraries, etc. On Kate's post, when I read her comment, I thought of "Silver Moon" being close to another well-known product here in the Americas. It's "Blue Moon", a popular, craft-style beer out of Colorado.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 219,572 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Being from Colorado and the home of Blue Moon, gotta say I'm a bit perplexed by the new ship name. Silver "Moon" is just plain odd to me. It doesn't seem to fit the imagination or subtlety of the other ships IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the Wind could blow the Cloud in and block the Moon!

Seriously, having only sailed the Wind/Cloud, do these newer vessels feel (dare I say)....large, or do they still have that intimate feeling?

Well the Wind could blow the Cloud in and block the Moon!

Seriously, having only sailed the Wind/Cloud, do these newer vessels feel (dare I say)....large, or do they still have that intimate feeling?

One word

Yes. The Muse is a great ship but I'd much prefer to have heard they were building a replacement for the Cloud explorer.

Let's hope it's not just Moonshine.

This is the clear "WINNER" today for the most cute and creative comment on this thread. Hopefully, they will not be serving moonshine on this new ship.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 219,600 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

That's a good question Mitz. From my perspective, the Spirit feels every bit as intimate as the Cloud (haven't sailed the Wind). One might say how? I think it's because there are a lot more places to spread folks around on the Spirit compared to the Cloud, so it's all relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer blue moon. lol

Don't encourage him!

The whole idea of naming this new ship as "Silver Moon" seems too close to the established brand of "Blue Moon". Maybe they do not know that little "detail" in Monaco or for parts of Florida. See the visual below. Many in the U.S. are aware of this somewhat craft beer (produced by Coors in Colorado).

Yes, I am encouraging Tothesunset for posting more such funny items.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 186,959 views for this posting.

Here is a visual for this well-established beer brand here in the U.S..:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

We%20Sampled%2010%20Different%20Imported%20Beers%20and%20Here%20Are%20Our%20Favorites%20-%20Blue%20Moon%20Beer_zpsda1tao6f.jpg

This sort of beer only comes along once in a.....

Appreciate this CUTE above point. But, in a good bar, you could order several Blue Moon beers in an evening. BUT, here is a visual with two Blue Moons, thanks to the water reflection!! However, it could also be a Golden Moon as shown below from doing a search on Bing images. Have not found any images of a "Silver Moon". Not sure this new name is the most perfect selection. Will the "Silver Moon" be painted white or will they switch to a silver color?

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

Enjoying these moons?? Blue versus Golden? Or, Silver?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

blue_moon_zpsngsiob9f.jpg

Unknown_zpscdpvcadm.jpeg

Terry, you seem to spend a lot of time mooning around!

WOW!! Our UK friend is so smart and savvy. Plus, being very creative and quick!! Highly impressive. Yes, my "mooning device" is fairly large and you have discovered that secret.

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580