Cocktails

MAGSMFC

I drink creamy cocktails like mudslide, brandy alexander etc and would like to know if any of these can be made on the allowed drinks package or would I have to buy the ultimate package to have them.

Do the bartenders make a lot of cocktails and would they be able to make me some different ones.

Many thanks

I can't speak to the creamy drinks, but bartenders will go out of their way to make something not on the list for you. My wife loves spicy drinks (other than a Bloody Mary). Our first afternoon in the Living Room, she asked Michael if he could make a vodka or tequila drink with jalapeño. He told her he didn’t have jalapeños, but to stop back after dinner. That night, and every day after, Michael had jalapeños to muddle in her drinks - either vodka or tequila with club soda and jalapeño.

In case you haven't managed to find the list of included drinks on Azamara's web-site, here's the link - https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

There are three Creme liqueurs included, so I'm sure they would make you cocktails that include these.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I drink creamy cocktails like mudslide, brandy alexander etc and would like to know if any of these can be made on the allowed drinks package or would I have to buy the ultimate package to have them.

Do the bartenders make a lot of cocktails and would they be able to make me some different ones.

Many thanks

The bar staff on both Quest and Journey are excellent. I often ask them to make me a cocktail that they think I might like and they are very happy to do so.

Have never had a Mudslide but will try one on Journey next month

Mudslide is definitely not included. They can't make 'creamy' cocktails from the included alcohol as drinks such as Baileys and Godiva chocolate liqueur are not included.

I love chocolate martinis so compromise with half vodka and half creme de cacao. It's strange how some higher price alcohol is on the list but others are excluded.

• 1 month later...

Scotch selection in the "free" package is limited to just one brand Cutty Sark....very few scotch drinkers I know drink that brand not even certain if it would be considered a house brand in most establishments in the US. Wish they would add some variety or at least offer "Dewars" and RCCL and Celebrity does for their happy hours.

Scotch selection in the "free" package is limited to just one brand Cutty Sark....very few scotch drinkers I know drink that brand not even certain if it would be considered a house brand in most establishments in the US. Wish they would add some variety or at least offer "Dewars" and RCCL and Celebrity does for their happy hours.

Whilst I recognise that proper scotch single malt whisky are very good, I don’t know why every one has a downer on Cutty Sark, which is one of the oldest British Blended Scotch Whiskys that has had a particularly interesting history during the US prohibition years. I find it very drinkable with Ice or mixed with some ginger ale after dinner whilst watching a show in the cabaret lounge. It’s worth reviewing the history of its creation on http://cutty-sark.com/cutty-story/#25

Thanks for that - very interesting to see that Cutty Sark was developed for the US market and was the highest selling scotch whiskey in the US. Like you, my husband is quite happy to drink Cutty with ice. He used to work at their warehouse in Glasgow, as a young excise officer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whilst I recognise that proper scotch single malt whisky are very good, I don’t know why every one has a downer on Cutty Sark, which is one of the oldest British Blended Scotch Whiskys that has had a particularly interesting history during the US prohibition years. I find it very drinkable with Ice or mixed with some ginger ale after dinner whilst watching a show in the cabaret lounge. It’s worth reviewing the history of its creation on http://cutty-sark.com/cutty-story/#25

\

Thank you for the comment..I agree ....it was my fathers scotch, get something more current and for someone who does not mix with soda.............and it does not have to be a single malt...........Dewars is a perfect example and one offered by RCCL and Celebrity (sister Companies)