San Diego Cruise Port to LAX

Thank you for replying. I have had a look but they're all old posts. Tried looking at car rental but can't seem to find somewhere to get a rough idea of price. Taxi/car hire looks around $300. I'll have a look at the flights - hadn't thought of that - weird I know. If someone has other options I'd be interested.

Just looked at kayak dot com for April 14 09:00 out of San Diego airport and returning April 14 21:00 to LAX. Found rentals ranging from $75 - $130.

I chose a random date. Did the reverse years ago for $86. Prices haven't changed that much.

The Cruise Port is barely 2 miles from the airport and there is an Avis that is walkable from the Cruise Port, maybe an Enterprise too. There is now a consolidated rental car facility for the airport off site.

If you are from outside the U.S. you should be able to use rentalcars.com and get a car with all the insurance you need, plus no drop off fee.

There is also a train from SD to LA, but it is a very slow option. It would take 4 hours vs 2 hours (depending on traffic) driving.

The Cruise Port is barely 2 miles from the airport and there is an Avis that is walkable from the Cruise Port, maybe an Enterprise too. There is now a consolidated rental car facility for the airport off site.

If you are from outside the U.S. you should be able to use rentalcars.com and get a car with all the insurance you need, plus no drop off fee.

There is also a train from SD to LA, but it is a very slow option. It would take 4 hours vs 2 hours (depending on traffic) driving.

If you take the train....

From Los Angeles Union Station you can take the Flyaway bus to LAX. http://www.lawa.org/flyaway/content.aspx?id=10152

A few days ago, on a Sunday early afternoon, it would have taken us three hours to drive from the cruise port to LAX.

I would never drive it. The traffic is just to unpredictable. I think I would catch a Southwest from SAN to LAX. Only downside is SAN airport sucks! I have been there on days the cruise ship docks and it's a zoo. It still beats driving. Downside is if you do SWA you probably won't be able to check your luggage all the way through, which will create an issue at LAX.

Maybe see who code shares with your outbound airlines from LAX and book a SAN - LAX with them. That way they should be able to transfer your luggage.