Breakfast attire in dining room

DoggyDaddy

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. What is the acceptable attire for breakfast (and lunch) in the main Dining Room? Is it acceptable to wear shorts and a Polo or T shirt? I assume that this is OK in the Lido.

DD

Yes it is. We have and no one has told us to change.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. What is the acceptable attire for breakfast (and lunch) in the main Dining Room? Is it acceptable to wear shorts and a Polo or T shirt? I assume that this is OK in the Lido.

Yes, it's fine to wear them to the MDR as well for breakfast & lunch. :)

What about breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill? I'm in a Neptune suite on my next cruise for the first time. I'm hoping I won't need to wear morning dress lol

Never in the Pinnacle Grill, but we have seen our share of bathrobes in the Neptune Lounge. :eek:

What about breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill? I'm in a Neptune suite on my next cruise for the first time. I'm hoping I won't need to wear morning dress lol

Dress attire in the Pinnacle Grill is the same as the MDR and the rest of the ship.

so shorts are certaily seen and allowed.

Haven't seen any bathrobes though ;)

Of course you can always call HAL if you doubt me :*

Never in the Pinnacle Grill, but we have seen our share of bathrobes in the Neptune Lounge. :eek:

I have, too. Mostly people going to pick up something to take back to the room. I don't think I saw anyone in a bathrobe sitting in the lounge.

I know HAL wants you to feel at home, but some people take it too literally.

DD

I wear shorts and a polo when eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill or MDR. They expect passengers heading out for excursions or other outdoor fun to be dressed accordingly.

I have, too. Mostly people going to pick up something to take back to the room. I don't think I saw anyone in a bathrobe sitting in the lounge.

I know HAL wants you to feel at home, but some people take it too literally.

Heck, I've seen people in robes in the lounges, in the afternoon, participating in activities. :eek:

Some people have no sense of decorum.

Does it really matter all that much to anyone? Not to us. As long as we can get a decent cup of coffee in AM we are just fine. We concern ourselves with ourselves. Life is too short for us to be a couple of judgemental busybodiies.

Wear what you want.

This thread is educational.

From what we see, pax on longer cruise often dress up a bit more for breakfast and lunch in the MDR. Of course in the Lido anything goes.

As with society in general, the dumbing down of HAL continues, corporate and pax driven.

My God, will people PLEASE stop with the "dumbing down" comments...

Just because people do not want to play "Downton Abbey" 24/7 on a cruise anymore does not mean they are now playing "People of Walmart." "Dress up" for breakfast and lunch?? Seriously??? If people are clothed within the HAL guidelines, it's no one's damn business to be the HAL clothing police. If someone is not happy with the more casual atmosphere now dictated by HAL's own guidelines, there is always another cruise line to try. There is room between the two without resorting to immediately calling something dumbing down.