Quest back to far east a month early in 2019

marinaro44

The website is showing no August 2019 cruises for Quest

I think cruises from Aug 7 until the Sep 18, 2019 cruise are being reswizzled.

Wonder if the new Aug 7 trans-Pacific will start in Vancouver now instead of Seward. The July 30 Quest cruise has been scheduled to end in Vancouver but, I suppose, that could be changed, too.

I was booked on an Alaskan cruise for August 2019. Already got an email from my TA stating it has been cancelled and offering me to book an alternative Alaskan cruise at same rate with OBC, or any alternate Azamara cruise at current rates/promotions with a smaller OBC or a full refund.

As I mentioned when I contributed to the other threads for those who had this happen on the TA and the cruises in October, it is always disappointing but I still feel it is a fair offer and I'm glad it has happened so far in advance that I can do whatever I want to do. The most difficult part is that many of the other luxury/premium cruise lines haven't released their itineraries for summer of 2019 yet. I have I believe till October 20 to decide and rebook for the OBC. I'm leaning towards just taking the refund and starting over. I only booked the Alaska cruise this early because I wanted an owners suite on deck 7 and wanted to make sure I got it. Really want to go in August or September due to other travel plans in 2019 and don't want to move to July or earlier.

Good news is I love researching travel so I get to go at it again. LOL.

And for us affected by the 2018 cancellations :( :(

A double whammy that impacts on a land based family plan but we will go back to the drawing board

I'm onboard just now focusing on enjoying what I like about Azamara but I certainly won't be making any more bookings onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by uktog

We too have had the e-mail about the September cruise now being August, and we too are trying to tie this in with visiting family in Vancouver. Luckily, the flights were too far out to have made any firm arrangements, so we will be able to accept the changed dates hopefully.

I think cruises from Aug 7 until the Sep 18, 2019 cruise are being reswizzled.

Wonder if the new Aug 7 trans-Pacific will start in Vancouver now instead of Seward. The July 30 Quest cruise has been scheduled to end in Vancouver but, I suppose, that could be changed, too.

Yes a bit of 'reswizzling' going on. The demand for Circle Japan is great.

I'll post the new August 2019 voyages momentarily.

This is the Quest's new line-up for August 2019:

7/30/19, YVR-SWD, Alaska, 8-nights

8/07/19, SWD-NRT, Alaska to Japan, 13-nights

8/21/19, r/t NRT, Circle Japan, 14-nights

9/04/19, r/t NRT, Circle Japan, 14-nights

I understand these voyages are uploaded and open for sale. If you can't see them yet, they should be live tomorrow.

WELL...how lucky you all are to get a notice either from AZ or your TA!!..:rolleyes:.I've gotten nothing...and here I go again! I was on the fall '18 T/A that was changed all around...and now this!!!

I think it's ok to make changes...but it is a bit off putting to find out about via CC...I guess I could blame my TA...but the last time my TA NEVER got a notice!...Thank goodness for CC!!!

Please...I'd just like to know what's going on ....and what about those poor souls who don't do CC????? LuAnn

Right. Our TA forwarded to us the Azamara email minutes after receiving it.

Not all the letters are out yet.

LuAnn we share your pain big time.

It may be early notification but not early enough for our personal circumstances and some difficult decisions will have to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by uktog

I understand these voyages are uploaded and open for sale. If you can't see them yet, they should be live tomorrow.

8/7 cruise is either 14 nights or there's a missing night somewhere.:)

Can't book these onboard as of 10 am Europe time. Soon, I hope.

well this does not work for me. I fly home from the JR first week of August. i wanted to do Japan and maybe another cruise. TA never got notice again. I stil lthink they do not have her email. I had planned 3 months. looks like i cam canceling all of it. fall here lovely and in DC think i wil sty in states.

Sad to see there are no lovely Mediterranean cruises in 2019 on either ship (well hardly any).[/quote

I agree malcliz. I think Azamara has made a huge mistake in cutting out Med cruises and are going to lose loyal passengers to other cruise lines in 2019. Maybe some will never return? The choice for me is very limited indeed and this makes me sad as I love the onboard experience so much.

I always thought Azamara would have trouble selling Alaska cruises too. The market there is saturated and there are many ships with much better prices and with better permissions to access the more restricted places that people want to see on an Alaska cruise.

Right. Our TA forwarded to us the Azamara email minutes after receiving it.

As per my TA AZ told her it was sent to the "home office" of the agency...but it had not "filtered down" to the individual TAs as of early evening on the east coast last night. (around 7 PM East Coast time)

The basic cruise price was INCREASED on the new invoice I received this AM from AZ via my TA...while the taxes/port charges had decreased. ...I called AZ and my TA has to call and ask for a "special department" which handles the "re-pricing" on the "re-deployments" and "these type of situations" for them to "honor" the original price of the cruise booked on board a number of months ago. Here we go again!!!...

Having JUST gone through this on the T/A for fall of '18 ...trust me...it is getting a LITTLE OLD. OK to make changes but it would be so nice if it was done in a little bit more efficient way and not something I find about because I'm lucky enough to be a member of CC!!!

Changes in life I get...but done in a seamless way???...doesn't seem to be AZ's strong suit!! LuAnn

Edited by LuAnn

well this does not work for me. I fly home from the JR first week of August. i wanted to do Japan and maybe another cruise. TA never got notice again. I stil lthink they do not have her email. I had planned 3 months. looks like i cam canceling all of it. fall here lovely and in DC think i wil sty in states.

Sorry to hear that Robin...I was looking forward to finally meeting you!!! LuAnn

Sorry to hear that Robin...I was looking forward to finally meeting you!!! LuAnn

not doable as I am flying home from the UK that week. i am surprise you are willing to hang in there again..

they ruin the fall fro many clients. i had 3 months of cruises booked. figuring i cancel something.

celebrity done this cruise and i might look there. might look at Seaborn.

AZ had good Quest yer planned and now they are ruining it,