Redentore fireworks. Can you see them from the ship?

dbali

Looking at a map of Venice and where San Basilio Dock is, we should be able to see the display in the sky from the ship, but would need to be somewhere on St Marks basin to see any ground level display. Looking at videos of previous years displays, there looks to be a good display in the sky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, Grandma. I saw where someone was saying that the crowds were so bad in St Marks that people were fainting. I am hoping that the upper deck will be a nice place for viewing but far enough away from the maddening crowds.

We were on the Quest for this years fireworks display. The crowds were insane anywhere close to the fireworks and this was at 8 pm when we were wandering around. Went back to ship and had good view of fireworks from upper deck although as was pointed out you do miss some of the low level fireworks. Still pretty impressive and didn't have to fight the crowds to get back to the ship afterwards.

We were on the Quest for this years fireworks display. The crowds were insane anywhere close to the fireworks and this was at 8 pm when we were wandering around. Went back to ship and had good view of fireworks from upper deck although as was pointed out you do miss some of the low level fireworks. Still pretty impressive and didn't have to fight the crowds to get back to the ship afterwards.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to hear. How was the cruise overall? Any good tips?