Pre-cruise Hotel

Nana57

I am one that prefers booking my vacations...including the cruise, the flight and the hotels. I get to shop for the best prices, locations and all of my personal preferences. I can book a hotel, watch for price drops, cancel and re-book for the better price. Trip Advisor is WONDERFUL for watching the hotel prices. I just recently booked a Miami Hotel via TA. Great website.

It's been awhile but a few times we used the Celebrity Hotel program.

My recommendation for Miami is to book it yourself.

There are many options to stay in downtown Miami at hotels within a five to fifteen drive to the port and it is easy to get to the port via Uber, Lyft, or Taxi.

You can save yourself some money and also have greater options as to hotels.

And on the Florida Departure Board in the ports of call section hotel questions for Miami come up almost daily so lots of good information there.

Keith

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brickell on July 29th. We are Hilton Honors members and we received snacks at check in as well as 3 coupons for drinks at the pool/lobby bar. They held our luggage as we arrived before our room was ready and had cold water in the lobby to refresh before we walked around a bit. Lots to walk to for food in the immediate area (we actually discovered a whole different area the next morning on the way to the ship!). Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Right near the metro mover. The pool was much to hot but in the July Miami sun they can't do much about that. Breakfast the next morning was good as well. I eat quite healthy and all organic at home (I am flexible on vacation) and I was able to find something yummy and healthy! We all said we would stay there again and commented that it was one of our favorite pre-cruise stays. My parents said it was beat by their upgrade to a massive suite at La Concha in San Juan with a hot tub on the balcony this winter but other than that one of the best.

Much less expensive to book your own room IMHO. Find one near the port, and then it is very easy to get a taxi to the port the morning of. Many hotels also offer shuttles for a price (don't think any offer them for free but I could be wrong). Some hotels have free transportation from the airport to the hotel, but speaking for Hilton family properties only I would say that is rare if not non-existent.

Nana57: We have never booked any of our pre-cruise hotels through Celebrity. In 2009 I became aware (through a roll call post) that the hotel we had booked in Vancouver was one of the hotels Celebrity was using for pre-cruise stays. Of course we were curious about the price through Celebrity versus what we had booked on our own. The price through Celebrity was per person. So if we were paying US $250 per night for the two of us, the price for the same category of room, booked through Celebrity, would have been US $500 for the two of us. A number of years ago there were comments about this pricing on Cruise Critic. I have no idea if Celebrity continues this pricing policy for their hotel packages.

I agree with everyone, do your own booking for reasons stated.

We cruise out of Miami next month and some suggested hotels are Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/ Brickell, Homewood Suites downtown/Brickell, Marriott Biscayne Bay and Kimpton Epic hotel. all good location and different price points. Good luck.

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brickell on July 29th. We are Hilton Honors members and we received snacks at check in as well as 3 coupons for drinks at the pool/lobby bar. They held our luggage as we arrived before our room was ready and had cold water in the lobby to refresh before we walked around a bit. Lots to walk to for food in the immediate area (we actually discovered a whole different area the next morning on the way to the ship!). Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Right near the metro mover. The pool was much to hot but in the July Miami sun they can't do much about that. Breakfast the next morning was good as well. I eat quite healthy and all organic at home (I am flexible on vacation) and I was able to find something yummy and healthy! We all said we would stay there again and commented that it was one of our favorite pre-cruise stays. My parents said it was beat by their upgrade to a massive suite at La Concha in San Juan with a hot tub on the balcony this winter but other than that one of the best.[/quote

We just booked the Hampton yesterday for a sailing on 4 May 18. What is the whole different area you found on the way to the ship. Was that the Marketplace?

• 11 months later...

We're cruising the Eastern Caribbean in March of 2019. Having difficulty finding a pre cruise hotel, around $250 a night, that offers free breakfast and a bar or lounge for us to relax - shopping within walking distance would be wonderful too. Any ideas???

We're cruising the Eastern Caribbean in March of 2019. Having difficulty finding a pre cruise hotel, around $250 a night, that offers free breakfast and a bar or lounge for us to relax - shopping within walking distance would be wonderful too. Any ideas???

Check the Florida Home Ports board there is information there on hotel options both the chain hotels (Hilton, Marriorr, etc) and the smaller hotels.

Another Hilton Honors guy here. I'd recommend the Hilton Downtown. We stayed the night before our sailing on Equinox, and our room was oceanside. We woke up to the Equinox outside our window, it was pretty neat.

Absolutely the right choice. I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Booked a room on points and got a great view of the port. Even more amazing was that the room was only 2000 more points than a HGI at the airport.

We like the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Clean rooms, free shuttle from airport, free breakfast, clean pool area. Very safe area. Across the street is a shopping plaza with 3 nice restaurants, a Publix and some other stores. Also a Walgreens and a CVS, along with McDonalds and Burger King, and I believe a Wendys. No bar or restaurant in the hotel though. We have a room booked there for next month also.

Where are you wanting to do your pre-cruise hotel stay?

Has anyone booked their hotel stay thru Celebrity? We are considering flying in the day before our November cruise out of Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do the Transatlantic cruises from Europe to the states and always book everything through Celebrity. Air, pre-cruise hotels, transportation and tours etc. We like the protection Celebrity offers and the prices are often the best. Regardless of where you are cruising to out of Miami you may want to check with Celebrity to see if they offer transportation from your hotel to the ship etc then make your decision as to what you want to do. Just a thought. Enjoy your cruise.

First cruise my friend booked the hotel thru Celebrity and we ended up at JW Marriott downtown Miami. It was fine. I've subsequently always booked on my own. Last March booked the Conrad on Bricknell for a good price thru an online TA that my firm offers where they have discounts. Was happy w/ the price. However a week before we left received a call that there was a problem w/ the booking system and there were no rooms at the Conrad so were going to put us up in another one of their hotels. Yeah, we got a room at the Four Seasons for the same price as I paid for the Conrad which was good since the Four Seasons was about $800/night. Added bonus on top of my nieces staying at the nicest hotel they'd ever (or probably ever will) be at they got to meet one of the Detroit Piston's players, Blake Griffin and have their picture with him. As luck would have it the entire team was staying there after their game in Miami so all day by the pool we saw the entire team. Nice way to spend the morning since we had a delayed embarktion on the Silhouette that day (not until 2pm).