Evening Buffet is the worst I have ever had.

KevintheIrishDJ

We were on MSC a few months ago. My DW got sick the second day. We decided not to go to the MDR. The evening buffet is the worst I have everhad; and I have been cruising since 1970. The food is precooked and left on the warming tables. No onethere to get fresh food. Also, theselection is VERY LIMITED.

:mad:

We were on MSC a few months ago. My DW got sick the second day. We decided not to go to the MDR. The evening buffet is the worst I have everhad; and I have been cruising since 1970. The food is precooked and left on the warming tables. No onethere to get fresh food. Also, theselection is VERY LIMITED.

A few months ago? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What ship? And Way too vague for anyone to really know exactly what you feel was so bad.

Out of curiosity: why did you decide to start this thread months after the event? I could understand if the OP was a response on a thread pertaining to the subject. But to start a thread - seemingly out of the blue? You're perfectly entitled to start a thread - I'm not having a go! It just seems like it was kinda an afterthought is all I'm saying.

Out of curiosity: why did you decide to start this thread months after the event? I could understand if the OP was a response on a thread pertaining to the subject. But to start a thread - seemingly out of the blue? You're perfectly entitled to start a thread - I'm not having a go! It just seems like it was kinda an afterthought is all I'm saying.

Too many positive threads going on at the same time, must make the MSC haters uncomfortable, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, you didn't go to a Speciality restaurant because your DW was sick (where there's usually very few people) and you didn't want to make someone else sick. Instead you chose to go to the buffet (where there is generally quite a lot of people)? Don't you know that you can have meals sent from the restaurant to your cabin when someone is ill?

I only cruise for maybe 15 years but never saw not precooked food in buffet....on any line.

Why so snarky, folks? OP has almost 900 posts on CC and has established his bona fides. Odd that he starts the thread out of the blue but when you're sick on a cruise, you want to go casual and pick and choose what you may be able for, etc. On our more recent MSC cruises, the evening buffet wasn't great, to be honest. There's no need to get all defensive when someone criticises our current cruise line of choice! I've noticed a bit of snarkiness creeping in on CC for no obvious good reason lately. Lighten up people, we're discussing our vacations here! Ken

Why so snarky, folks? OP has almost 900 posts on CC and has established his bona fides. Odd that he starts the thread out of the blue but when you're sick on a cruise, you want to go casual and pick and choose what you may be able for, etc. On our more recent MSC cruises, the evening buffet wasn't great, to be honest. There's no need to get all defensive when someone criticises our current cruise line of choice! I've noticed a bit of snarkiness creeping in on CC for no obvious good reason lately. Lighten up people, we're discussing our vacations here! Ken

I agree. Thanks. After past MSCtrips I would post what our experience was. Unfortunately, some have gotten very defensive and nasty. Someone told me to "...crawl back undermy rock." I think some of thesepeople are paid shills.

Excellent post!

When an item runs out, usually someone will go into the kitchen to get more. On the Divinia, they reach under the steam table to get more food.

:(

How come you did not mention that there is a guy cooking fresh pasta right where the pasta station is at and replenishes it nice and hot . You are bringing the past back up because you took this cruise many months ago and you were very negative back then also. If you disliked MSC that much there are other lines you can go on.

Agree the evening buffet has been cut back quite a bit.

How come you did not mention that there is a guy cooking fresh pasta right where the pasta station is at and replenishes it nice and hot . You are bringing the past back up because you took this cruise many months ago and you were very negative back then also. If you disliked MSC that much there are other lines you can go on.

It seems that there are some on here who aren't familiar with the OP and the constant repeats of the same subject. Here's a post from around the time:

@Catlady1977, thanks for your thoughts on the cruise.

Looks like @KevintheIrishDJ has to try to copy and paste his negative comments into everybody's Divina review as well as start his own identical thread.

Since his comments run counter to others who were on the ship, I tend to discount his rant.;)

Again, thanks for taking the time to update us on your trip

~Brian

For some reason, it looks like the OP reckoned we needed a reminder of his experiences - lest we forget!

It seems that there are some on here who aren't familiar with the OP and the constant repeats of the same subject. Here's a post from around the time:

For some reason, it looks like the OP reckoned we needed a reminder of his experiences - lest we forget!

That was a different cruise several years ago. My latest cruise was in jan. 2017.