Pacific Explorer Taste of New Caledonia July 2017

KittyKruze

I've just taken advantage of P&O's 1$ deposit premium drinks package free for over 7 nights deal and booked this - very excited. It will be our first cruise - I've got Ovation for NZ booked in Feb next year but wanted a short winter cruise to "get my feet wet" so to speak!

First thing - can't find a roll call not sure how to start one? Might be bc this ship is 'new' (it's refurbed Dawn Princess.)

Second thing - noticed after I booked in Cruise Control it said we only had the soft drink package - called P&O and they were most excellent and sent me confirmation we had premium - just a heads up for others to check this;

Third - so I notice we can't choose a cabin - is that just a P&O thing? So do we not get a preference?

And lastly - My booking confirmation said note - twin beds do not convert to queen. But in cruise control I was asked what configuration I wanted and it let me choose queen? Anyone know?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

HI there,

we are also on the July 2017 cruise on the Pacific explorer, so just saying hi!

I think I read somewhere about not being able to pick your room on the P&o sites, we were able to choose via travel agent, I would recommend calling P&0 and asking the lady on the phone was quite lovely when I rang.

Can I ask did you get charged for a your premium drinks package, I booked via travel agent and they charged us, I rang p&o and said it was for free, the travel agent is looking into it for me.....

I am also looking for the roll call....

I think maybe they push the bed together to make queen..

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the explorer departing Sydney 20 July 17, $1 deposit and premium drinks package for 2. I booked through a TA and got to chose our room. I have been into cruise control told me I had 2 premium drinks packages and 2 soft drink packages, didn't ask me anything about bedding, but we are quad share balcony so assuming we will just get bunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Hello , I found I could not book a specific cabin via the P&O Australia direct site. It only offered " guarantees " on all types of cabins. I called P&O and was told you have to call them if you want a specific cabin, if booking directly or book through a travel agent ! No wonder I couldn't find the option online. Cheers, Buzz.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

HI there,

we are also on the July 2017 cruise on the Pacific explorer, so just saying hi!

I think I read somewhere about not being able to pick your room on the P&o sites, we were able to choose via travel agent, I would recommend calling P&0 and asking the lady on the phone was quite lovely when I rang.

Can I ask did you get charged for a your premium drinks package, I booked via travel agent and they charged us, I rang p&o and said it was for free, the travel agent is looking into it for me.....

I am also looking for the roll call....

I think maybe they push the bed together to make queen..

Thanks!