Cruise And Maritime St. Petersburg excursion costs?

papcx

Hi all.

Looking at a Baltic cruise on the Megellan. Does anyone have any guidance on costs of St. Petersburg excursions?

TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read in the past $350 for 2 days possibly? What date are you considering?

Thank you for that.

We've booked for the Magellan. 10th Aug 2017. A long way off but 3 cruises in the meantime. [emoji3]

• 1 year later...
Thank you for that.

We've booked for the Magellan. 10th Aug 2017. A long way off but 3 cruises in the meantime. [emoji3]

Hello papcx, We have just made a late booking for the same Baltic cruise. I cannot get into the excursions as yet for prices. I can see all the lists though. Viator and Allah seem good if they are much cheaper but as yet cannot compare. Have you booked with cmv ?

Gill

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

The 2 day introduction excursion for St Petersburg is £239 per person.

The 2 day comprehensive is £319 per person.

There are other excursions ranging from £35 to £89 per person and private tours @ £300+ per car.

Have you looked at Alla Tours or SPB Tours they have both got excellent reviews and costs include visa etc etc.

2day tours are us$285. Slightly cheaper than ship excursion.

Hopefully see you on board. :):):)

Thank you, yes I think viator and Alla are cheaper by a little, I might book with them. Just deciding now which tour....too much choice. I have not found a roll call for this cruise. I like to do a meet if there is one.

See you there.

Hello papcx, We have just made a late booking for the same Baltic cruise. I cannot get into the excursions as yet for prices. I can see all the lists though. Viator and Allah seem good if they are much cheaper but as yet cannot compare. Have you booked with cmv ?

Gill

Ahoy Silton.

We've booked the 2 day St Petersburg excursion through Alla-tours. Cheaper than CMV and limited to 16 people per mini-bus, so less waiting around. The service so far has been excellent. Booking confirmed, links to useful information etc.

See you aboard.

Re: St Petersburg excursions. I have used SPB with great success and at much more reasonable cost than cruise ship tours. We were 4 including one person in wheelchair, and recruited 2 additional for a 6 person private two day tour. Driver and guide were excellent. Don't recall the exact cost but it was less than $300 per person total, with all entry fees included.

One caution: Most cruise lines will tell you that a Russian visa is required unless booking the ship's tour. NOT TRUE. Licensed tour operators, such as SPB, arrange the visa requirement and send the necessary documentation for passport control prior to embarkation for the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

we used Alla tours for st Petersburg and we paid with our creation credit card and the cost was £421 a lot less than CMV £598. we were in a minibus for 16 but only 8 passengers and so in and out was quick at each stop. the tour guide Natalia and her driver were first class.We were taken to a nice restaurant on day1 and had a packed lunch day2. tips as usual were expected .

we used Alla tours for st Petersburg and we paid with our creation credit card and the cost was £421 a lot less than CMV £598. we were in a minibus for 16 but only 8 passengers and so in and out was quick at each stop. the tour guide Natalia and her driver were first class.We were taken to a nice restaurant on day1 and had a packed lunch day2. tips as usual were expected .

I am just about to book this with Alla tours. Thank you for the info. May I just ask how did you tip please? Currency? Etc