How many days in Melbourne and Perth ?

scotslizzy

Nearly there with our decision on a cruise for Feb 2018 from Melbourne. On looking at various tours that we fancy ,steam train and wine tour ,then penguins at night would 4 days be sufficient to also include some city sight seeing ? We will be flying from the UK so will no doubt be exhausted after the long haul flight .

On completion of cruise we intend to fly to Perth and stay again for 4 days .

Would love some input as to whether this is too short a time in each City or change the no of days .

Any advice would be appreciated .

Scotslizzy

Nearly there with our decision on a cruise for Feb 2018 from Melbourne. On looking at various tours that we fancy ,steam train and wine tour ,then penguins at night would 4 days be sufficient to also include some city sight seeing ? We will be flying from the UK so will no doubt be exhausted after the long haul flight .

Would love some input as to whether this is too short a time in each City or change the no of days .

Scotslizzy

Scotslizzy, I think you could easily fit in what you want to do in Melbourne. The steam train (Puffing Billy) may easily be combined with a wine tour of the Yarra Valley. Do the penguins at Phillip Island on another day/evening. You could do some city sightseeing during the day before heading to Phillip Island. Just make sure you don't overdo it on your first day here. What cruise are you looking at?

Leigh

Scotslizzy

If you have time, I would suggest five nights in both Melbourne and Perth. One day to recover from your long haul flights and get your bearings by just wandering around, then four days sightseeing.

In Perth, you may want to consider staying overnight on Rottnest Island, or spending a day or two south or north of Perth (beautiful wineries and beaches).

I have never wished I stayed less time ANYWHERE, but I have often wished I had stayed longer. One of the joys of being a traveller is discovering places you didn't know about, despite extensive research.

http://www.visitvictoria.com

http://www.westernaustralia.com

Scotslizzy, I think you could easily fit in what you want to do in Melbourne. The steam train (Puffing Billy) may easily be combined with a wine tour of the Yarra Valley. Do the penguins at Phillip Island on another day/evening. You could do some city sightseeing during the day before heading to Phillip Island. Just make sure you don't overdo it on your first day here. What cruise are you looking at?

Leigh

Thanks for the input .Looking at Golden Princess. Celebrity are using Sydney for departures but as we have been there before fancied seeing Melbourne.

Scotslizzy

Scotslizzy

We did three days pre cruise at Perth and wished we had stayed one more day. We did two river cruises, one up river that was a great wine tour and the second down to Freemantle that was very good.

We have a pre cruise stay in Melbourne for next March-April and will be there from 29 March until 5 April. We found tours for almost every day. We are planning on taking a two day (one overnight) tour to see the Penguin parade and the Ocean Road.