Float mats?

1bets1

Does HSB now rent float mats? Last time I was there, they were building their outside bar, and I thought I remembered seeing a sign that they would have rafts/float mats for rent. I would love that.

We were at Horseshoe Bay last week and I did not see any floats for rent. If they had them, I would have expected to see lots of the same floats in the water and I didn't. We bring our own inflatable noodles. There were only a handful of us that brought our own floats and were floating out past the surf line and all the people.

Just throw something you can blow up into your suitcase, they don't take up much space at all.

We plan to bring a couple of these. The blow up easily & are small enough when closed up to fit in my kids backpacks. b89660132b4f0b5d27862d14934cd48b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To me that doesn't look like something that would be appropriate for the surf at Horseshoe Bay, which can be quite rough. The picture is of someone floating in a swimming pool, not in the ocean.

To me that doesn't look like something that would be appropriate for the surf at Horseshoe Bay, which can be quite rough. The picture is of someone floating in a swimming pool, not in the ocean.

I don't know any flotation mat, noodle or tube that is made for the ocean or the rough surf found at Horseshoe. However as a lifeguard with over 20 years experience, I find these safer & more appropriate than float mats. If a person were to be tossed, they would not be trapped under a solid heavy surface. They are mesh, light & easy to use. They are also quite buoyant. Can be used like a noodle (arms draped over) and if you sit upright, it's like sitting on a swing. I like that both I & my child can hang on to the same float (them in their life jacket).

I wouldn't expect a noodle or the float mats to be any more appropriate for Horseshoe. We tried inflatable noodles at our local ocean beach & they popped before a day was out. These do not. They should not be used to ride the waves, but rather past the breaks.

Well, the woman that was floating out where we were had no issues with her float that was exactly like the ones pictured. I wouldn't use that close to shore, but we went out past the crowds and floated around. the woman we saw with that was out in the same area.

We plan to bring a couple of these. The blow up easily & are small enough when closed up to fit in my kids backpacks.

Those spring floats work great! We have a couple we use here at home on the lake and will be bringing them. Nice and flat in the suitcase.