First ever cruise, departing from Venice - need advice

tinez

Hi everyone,

We will be cruising on Costa Luminosa from Venice departing August 19th. According to cruise ticket, embarkation time starts from 2pm (sailaway is 8pm). We will arrive in Venice Santa Lucia station around 11:30am so I wondered if it's possible to go straight to terminal, check in our bags and then go around Venice for a few hours and return around 3pm for embarkation? In fact, what would be the best time to go boarding?

Also, I have a question regarding drink packages, Piu Gusto in particular. Terms state that you can order one drink at a time, but what if I want whiskey and coke for instance, in separate glasses? Would I need to finish my whiskey first before I can order the soft drink? Or, let's say I want to order a tequila shot WHILE I'm having a cocktail.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Concerning the drinks rules, my experience is that it depends on the bartender. Some follow the rules exactly, but I would say most would not have a problem with what you described.

Italians don't usually take tequila shots, so check what type of tequila they have before endulging.

Regarding your Venice departure time, you can transfer to the dock at any time after 10 am the porters will collect your cases from coach, you can then take the water taxi from there to St Marks Sq. until any time after 2 pm.

I always have a beer & sprite, never had any trouble with getting mixers with any drink.

I read somewhere that you get assigned a number once you drop off your bags, which is called later for boarding. So if my number has already been called I can board straight away once I come back to terminal?

I read somewhere that you get assigned a number once you drop off your bags, which is called later for boarding. So if my number has already been called I can board straight away once I come back to terminal?

Yes, once your number has been called you can embark anytime you want (p.e. if you have the number 12 you can also embark when they call the number 18). Obviously you have to be at the terminal for the embarkation before the end of embarkation time written in your cruise documentation