Well, this is a new one (for me anyway)

poss

I received a letter from the Regent Guest Relations Administrator, thanking me for taking the time to complete the questionnaire for our last cruise (which I pretty much always do, but I kind of remember taking extra care this last time), mentioning how important feedback is, saying they were sorry that some aspects of the cruise "failed to meet your expectations as a loyal supporter," yadda yadda-- and then saying "as a gesture of good will, Regent wishes to extend to you a Future Cruise Credit...." How cool is that!

We always fill out our cruise surveys and have yet to receive even a 'thank you', let alone a FFC. Not that we expect anything, but hearing this makes me glad to know that Regent is at least listening.

Maybe I should mention on my next survey that they "failed to meet my expectations as a loyal supporter" and see what happens. ;p

In all seriousness, I've said for years that Regent has (for me) always been responsive to any issues I raise with them - but I'd be happier in the long run if those issues hadn't arisen in the first place. Maybe they're starting to get a bit more proactive? Pretty cool.

I received a letter from the Regent Guest Relations Administrator, thanking me for taking the time to complete the questionnaire for our last cruise (which I pretty much always do, but I kind of remember taking extra care this last time), mentioning how important feedback is, saying they were sorry that some aspects of the cruise "failed to meet your expectations as a loyal supporter," yadda yadda-- and then saying "as a gesture of good will, Regent wishes to extend to you a Future Cruise Credit...." How cool is that!

What a pleasant surprise, Poss. Real cool, enjoy it. We have so far been pleased with all our Regent experiences, and dutifully filled out every questionnaire accordingly. Yet it comes to pass that only complainers get rewarded with future credits. Although the logic there is self evident, it wouldn't hurt to occasionally take care of fans, as well. You know, something like "Having happy cruisers like you aboard defines the Regent Experience. We would like to reward your loyalty with a Future Cruise Credit." Just an idea.

Mary

Hi everyone, and thanks for the good wishes.

warburg: Actually I see myself as not a complainer. My main input on the questionnaire was, as always, high praise. There were two specific things on this particular cruise that I felt needed attention and that seemed fairly easy to correct, so I spent some time detailing the issues because I love Regent and want it to be its best possible self. It really was such a surprise that they responded as they did.

ronrick1943: A really cool thing is that these were not OBC's, but the even dandier FCC's. And get this: I assumed that I couldn't possibly use the credits on our upcoming already-fully-paid cruise in October (Montreal-Miami), but that maybe I could use the FCC on a 2018 cruise that we've tentatively booked (Explorer, Copenhagen-Oslo) but haven't yet paid for. Lo and behold, Regent actually let us use the $$ now; they actually credited our AmEx for the amount. Now, really, how cool is THAT?

So, Wendy: I don't have that particular incentive to book another cruise, but of course I'm already eager to take a look at the new offerings. (I also wish, btw, that we were doing PG with you instead of the probably- too-cold itinerary that we're doing next, but it's just too far for us. Darn. I'm mainly crossing fingers for no hurricanes.)

Bill: If I'm remembering correctly, you have a cruise coming up very soon. Have a Terrific!

Mudhen: May your gusto work magic!

Tc: Why did I just know that you'd be the first to respond? Made me smile!

Happy Sails All!

If I have an issue or high praise I will always reach out directly to the right folks. TripAdvisor, yelp, etc are all great for information, but a real issue needs to go directly to the hotel, cruise or restraurant first and give them a chance to correct. Every time I have do this, a nice note or a future credit has appeared. Mind you if I go back to the place and I have the same issue, all bets are off! Enjoy your upcoming cruises!

Hi everyone, and thanks for the good wishes.

warburg: Actually I see myself as not a complainer. My main input on the questionnaire was, as always, high praise. There were two specific things on this particular cruise that I felt needed attention and that seemed fairly easy to correct, so I spent some time detailing the issues because I love Regent and want it to be its best possible self. It really was such a surprise that they responded as they did.

ronrick1943: A really cool thing is that these were not OBC's, but the even dandier FCC's. And get this: I assumed that I couldn't possibly use the credits on our upcoming already-fully-paid cruise in October (Montreal-Miami), but that maybe I could use the FCC on a 2018 cruise that we've tentatively booked (Explorer, Copenhagen-Oslo) but haven't yet paid for. Lo and behold, Regent actually let us use the $$ now; they actually credited our AmEx for the amount. Now, really, how cool is THAT?

So, Wendy: I don't have that particular incentive to book another cruise, but of course I'm already eager to take a look at the new offerings. (I also wish, btw, that we were doing PG with you instead of the probably- too-cold itinerary that we're doing next, but it's just too far for us. Darn. I'm mainly crossing fingers for no hurricanes.)

Bill: If I'm remembering correctly, you have a cruise coming up very soon. Have a Terrific!

Mudhen: May your gusto work magic!

Tc: Why did I just know that you'd be the first to respond? Made me smile!

Happy Sails All!

Poss, you do remember correctly and thank you! I'm sure we'll have a fantastic time.