2017 Fare for Shuttle Bus

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, must have missed your post first time around OP. While I haven't cruise Victoria this year, even if the shuttle price remains the same as it did 2 years ago ($11pp) the real price is very simple - Too Much. When a cab fare to the same part of downtown as the shuttle drop is $10, and that cab can drop you anywhere rather than just at one point and they run whenever you want them, only a very shy solo traveler should even consider the shuttle.

And even a solo should consider walking one-way and cabbing back instead of shuttling - it's a pleasant stroll through quiet suburban streets with lots of nicely-tended gardens or an even more scenic walk around the waterside. Both routes have signs put up by the local tourist folks.

^ Yes, agree with everything in this post. The shuttle is too much money; please do not take it. It is a lovely walk one or both ways, depends how well you are feeling and it you aren't too tired.

We purchased shuttle tickets in one Alaska port... was it Juneau???.... anyway, we did it because everyone else was doing it. The ride was short and hardly worth the money. Such a waste - I wish we had known not to do that. Glad OP and others have this thread and our (and others') first hand experience to guide them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing NCL and last stop is Victoria. Trying to research current fare for round trip shuttle bus. I have been told that they only accept cash but cannot find current fare. Thanks for the help.:D

On google map if you google "Ogden point" that is where your ship will dock. It is about a 20 minute walk from the cruise ship terminal into the inner harbour. The neighborhood has tourist oriented hotels near the water and inland it is a very safe neighborhood, mostly older charter homes. It is very walkable.

We were in Victoria a week and a half ago - it was only $12 CDN for a cab to take my wife and into Chinatown where we had dinner and took a nice walk back along the inner harbor. We were in port 6pm - 12am but back on the ship by 10pm

Sent from my iPad using Forums