Wednesday Evening BYRA races

smokeaterc

Is anyone familiar with the BYRA races that are held every Wednesday evening? If so, do they race out as far as Dockyard? Where would be a good place to view the racing from shore? We will be in Bermuda on Wednesday 8/30 and I would love to watch ... I'd actually love to crew!

Here's a link that I found for the event .. http://www.byra.bm/wednesday-night-racing/

From the link provided - The racing starts on Wednesday night with a start line off the Hamilton Princess Hotel ....... the boats make their way through Two Rock Passage and out to the Great Sound. Courses are set using Government Navigation marks, islands, or racing marks, and boats end up finishing back in Hamilton Harbour.

The chart they provide indicates it could get out to the Dockyard but it would depend on the prevailing wind at the time of the start.

For viewing, go to the Hamilton Princess for the start/finish. Scaur Hill Fort Park on Somerset Island may provide a view; also, Spanish Point Park should give a view. But when I raced, people said watching a sailboat race is like watching grass grow, boring!

To crew, what experience can you offer? The host club is listed as the Royal Hamilton Amateur Dinghy Club. I would contact secretary@RHADC.BM to find out if you could get a spot on one of the sailboats.

SBtS

For viewing, go to the Hamilton Princess for the start/finish. Scaur Hill Fort Park on Somerset Island may provide a view; also, Spanish Point Park should give a view. But when I raced, people said watching a sailboat race is like watching grass grow, boring!

SBtS

In my opinion sailboat racing is mostly boring unless participating. If not participating the start/finish lines is the best place to be. If they decide to try any of the places you mention to view from I advise them to bring binoculars.