Darling Harbour to Circular Quay - Distance

Hi there

Wondered if anyone could help.

We are cruising from Circular Quay in January and are thinking of staying in Darling Harbour the night before the cruise. How much would a taxi/uber be from there to Circular Quay on cruise day?

Also the day before the cruise we plan to sightsee at Circular Quay - would it be possible to walk from Darling Harbour to Circular Quay. We are a fit, healthy family of 4.

Many thanks :)

Hi there

Wondered if anyone could help.

We are cruising from Circular Quay in January and are thinking of staying in Darling Harbour the night before the cruise. How much would a taxi/uber be from there to Circular Quay on cruise day?

Also the day before the cruise we plan to sightsee at Circular Quay - would it be possible to walk from Darling Harbour to Circular Quay. We are a fit, healthy family of 4.

Many thanks :)

Yes, you can easily walk from Darling Harbour to Circular Quay. Just walk along the waterfront, except where you have to walk around development (follow directions). En route you could visit Barangaroo Reserve, look at the old wharves (which were saved to be redeveloped in to accommodation, theatres, and hotel), and walk under the Harbour Bridge. You can walk to the end of the Wharf Theatre to have a drink at a cafe overlooking the harbour, or stop at the Bicycle Cafe. This is a favourite city walk of mine.

It's 1 1/2 miles or 2.4 klms, which we use here in Australia. It's lovely to catch the ferry and go around under the harbour bridge to the quay, or perhaps in reverse. The ferry leaves from in front of the maritime museum, which is not far from your hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Planning our trip for next April. We will arrive on Princess at White Bay terminal and learned our Holland Noordam cruise is also departing from there one day later. We are looking to stay in the Rocks area as this is our first visit down under and want to be able to walk and see what we can for a short visit. Is a taxi the only option we will have? Thanks! Steve

Planning our trip for next April. We will arrive on Princess at White Bay terminal and learned our Holland Noordam cruise is also departing from there one day later. We are looking to stay in the Rocks area as this is our first visit down under and want to be able to walk and see what we can for a short visit. Is a taxi the only option we will have? Thanks! Steve

Captain cook cruises offer a ferry service from the white Bay terminal to the city, specifically for cruise passengers arriving and departing from White Bay. I believe it is about $9 AUD each way.

Captain cook cruises offer a ferry service from the white Bay terminal to the city, specifically for cruise passengers arriving and departing from White Bay. I believe it is about $9 AUD each way.

Although I need to add that it drops you at King Street Wharf at Darling Harbour, from there you can either catch another ferry to the quay, walk, or catch a train from Wynyard station. A taxi would be around $50.