Stateroom near atrium on deck three?

ann1bell

We are new to Viking Cruises and have a question. We have booked stateroom 3061 on the new Spirit which is above the restaurant and a couple of cabins from the upper level of the atrium.

Has anyone stayed in this location on any of the other Viking ships? I was wondering about the noise we might expect.

We look forward to our cruise.

We are new to Viking Cruises and have a question. We have booked stateroom 3061 on the new Spirit which is above the restaurant and a couple of cabins from the upper level of the atrium.

Has anyone stayed in this location on any of the other Viking ships? I was wondering about the noise we might expect.

We were in 3072, right over the restaurant. Quiet. Noise does not travel very far on this ship--not from the corridors, not from the stairwells. Even the engines are quiet.

• Like 1

We were in 3060 which is on the other side of the ship but this was no noise issue at all. Never heard anything at any time in this cabin. I would say that you are fine and should not worry at all.

• Like 1

Though I can not speak for that room, we were right across from the elevators and never heard anything. Ever.

I would generally avoid being UNDER a restaurant or under a pool deck where chairs might be moved around, especially for morning cleaning. Over a restaurant should be fine.

• 3 months later...

This is so funny. Just booked Viking cruise and they gave us 3072. I was trying to find out about 3rd deck accommodations and sure enough here's someone that was in our particular cabin. If you're still reading this thread, would you had preferred a higher deck? Thanks.

This is so funny. Just booked Viking cruise and they gave us 3072. I was trying to find out about 3rd deck accommodations and sure enough here's someone that was in our particular cabin. If you're still reading this thread, would you had preferred a higher deck? Thanks.

I prefer the lower decks. DH liked deck 3 because he wanders down the hallway to the Atrium to listen to the afternoon music while I'm getting dressed. For subsequent cruises, I have chosen cabins on deck 4--one less flight of stairs to breakfast. The only thing that would get me to a higher deck would be a complimentary upgrade to a PV or higher.

• Like 1

We were in 3060 and we would book that same cabin again or any cabin on the 3rd deck. To us there was NO downside to the 3rd deck, and in fact, it was a quick couple of staircases to disembark for the excursions. We rarely used the elevator as we were so close in a few stairs to everything.

• Like 1

I would agree that Deck 3 is excellent. At times we sat on the chairs on the 3rd level of the atrium and listened to the music. We just returned from Viking Homelands cruise, and we had Cabin 3054. We were directly opposite the launderette, and that was absolutely no problem - no noise and very convenient. However, we definitely had noise from Torshavn which was beneath us. We were in the second cabin from the Atrium. They finished playing before midnight (sometimes earlier); but we did have noise; we were not bothered by it, but if you retire earlier, you might not be happy with the sound.

• 3 years later...
On 4/15/2017 at 6:24 AM, CDNPolar said:

We were in 3060 which is on the other side of the ship but this was no noise issue at all. Never heard anything at any time in this cabin. I would say that you are fine and should not worry at all.

How was your view from the Verandah?  Did the lifeboats affect your view at all?