Amex Offer: Spend $750+ on Booking, Get $225 Credit

joepeka

Greetings from South Beach, mesamis. I, too, am an AmX Platinum cardholder. Although we didn't get that promotion, we did get $250 added to our OBC when I saw it as an inducement to sign on to our upcoming already booked December 8th voyage. However, I like the double Membership Rewards points we earn for booking the entire cruise with AmX, The OBC and special wine tasting don't hurt, either. I also have the Chase Sapphire card, but for travel I prefer the Chase Sapphire Preferred because it doesn't add an additional 3% transaction fee on foreign transactions. AmX Plat. and our Capital One cards don't either. When traveling anywhere outside of the US, we only carry cards from that group.

Mary

Mary you have the best cards. We have the same but Centurion on Amex but they offer the same benefits no difference. We are thinking about going back to Platinum because of the cost and similar benefits.

Mary you have the best cards. We have the same but Centurion on Amex but they offer the same benefits no difference. We are thinking about going back to Platinum because of the cost and similar benefits.

Hello, Purplelady1. We are also very happy with what Platinum offers. The two for one international airlines program has served us well for years. The card is worth every penny. The Uber reward program is only $15.00 a month but it's very nice anyway. The first time I got it, I thought there was a problem with Uber. There was no Paid next to my AmX card in Profile. No problem. No charge. We always get AA Club access traveling BC or domestic first. It's nice to know, though, if we ever have to go steerage, AmX supplies $200 to pay for access, anyway. If it were accepted everywhere, I would use it even more than I do. As it is, all my cards have real advantages and are worth using sometimes, somewhere. Because hacking of credit cards is endemic now, and has happened to us more then once, we always travel with a few cards. I also have two cards on my Apple Watch and iPhone. One is my Plat. If all else fails, they may work.

Mary

Mary, great minds think alike. We have them on our IPhone as well and many stores you just swipe the phone instead of the chip/card. We also keep our boarding passes on the phone.

I am sure you are aware that AMEX is very good about upgrades to hotel suites especially Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons with free breakfasts and spa credits and a special amenity in the room such as wine fruit etc.

Don't leave home without it.:D

I finally realized what the Uber credit was until last week. We get $15.00 per month but you can't roll them over so we just use it locally going out for dinner and having one more drink we are not driving. LOL

I noticed this offer on our American Express cards this morning and did not see it mentioned on this forum so I wanted to pass it along:

"Get a one-time $225 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $750+ on Regent Cruise sailings

Thanks joepeka for the info.

Our AmEx Blue Card had the offer. I made a deposit on a new booking, and received an email the next day from AmEx confirming the $225 credit. Nice!

Purplelady1 and warburg, one minor correction if I may. The US AMEX platinum card no longer offers the 2 for 1 international airfare benefit. The "international airline program" now offers discounted fares for their listed airlines and has been expanded to more seat classes as well as refundable and nonrefundable tickets.

You are correct. The program changed June 1and I did not know about it. Thankfully we bought our 2 for one tickets before June 1. The program has worked well for us and it is ashame that it ended. The discount is not near as good for business and first but you can still use your miles to pay for the tickets if you have enough or you can buy miles to reduce the price as well. I guess all good things come to a end.

We pay a lot of money for the Centurion cards and it seems the benefits are being taken away. The card is not worth it anymore.

We can always use the people who will deal with your points to find seats but you need to work with them several months out as the airlines have tightened the capacity on their award tickets. Just more games to play.