Can you disembark on Day 6 of a 7-day cruise?

styxfire

Can you disembark on Day 6 of a 7-day cruise? Can it be arranged in advance? Are there penalties? Should a person just leave and be a no-show that night?

We are trying to fit a 7-day cruise into our agenda, but with USA-to-Europe flight times, we need to disembark the ship 1 day early, at the Day 6 port. Is it an option or should I just wait 15 years until I retire? (I really want to go NOW...!)

The one thing you should not (never) do is a no-show (just disappear) from onboard. Once the ship has found that you are not there, the alarm bells will started to ring, causing great inconvience to the other passengers. If still at sea, the ship would retrace it's course to see if you went overboard, thus delaying disembarkation for the other passengers, coast guard could be called in to help in the search. You could be faced with the cost of a search operation and / or even charged with an offence. Don't even think about it.

Also the port you wish to disembark may not have immigration facilities, this is totally different to cruise ay tourists.

I am a bit confused first it seems you want to get back to USA, then you tak about USA-to-Europe flight times?

What ship and port are involved?

For such questions always go to Costa.

Let us know how you get on.

The answer is yes, providing that you ask Costa first and subject to port regulations & customs.

You may have to pay for the whole cruise which will include any drinks package you have purchased.

For instance we are getting off in Savona instead of Marseille due to flight times home as there are none from Marseille on the day we should have got off.

Can you disembark on Day 6 of a 7-day cruise? Can it be arranged in advance? Are there penalties? Should a person just leave and be a no-show that night?

We are trying to fit a 7-day cruise into our agenda, but with USA-to-Europe flight times, we need to disembark the ship 1 day early, at the Day 6 port. Is it an option or should I just wait 15 years until I retire? (I really want to go NOW...!)

Yes. We have also done this. You must let the ship know you are leaving early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This doesn't sound like a good idea. Europe is at least a six hour time change, how does jet lag affect you? I like to arrive three days early. Planning on flying in day of departure? I estimate 25% of my flights, there's enough delay to make sailing time worrisome. It sounds like there's no margin for error in your schedule. If your priority is experiencing Europe, port stops on a cruise aren't an efficient way to do it. Better something more flexible for your first trip, nor would I commit to firm dates until you've actually received your passports.

I have done this before; however, you MUST get approval in writing from the cruise line. Also make sure it is noted in your reservation and paperwork. Even though I covered all my bases; I still had to set it in stone at the front desk!!!!!!

We have done that - it was 2009 and Costa were holding all passports - it was an Asian Cruise - so we had to let them know so we could get our passport back - hope this helps

Hello GMT ;p

Hello Liz,

Good to hear from you after so long.

I was almost on your doorstep last December (well at least in the right direction), we did the 14 days mauritius cruise, had a great time. I am beginning to find Costa boring, no new cruise markets in years, always the same route routes (like bus routes - tjhere will be another one along in 5 minutes). How are your cruising plans?

Ron

PS.I miss the old days on this forum, so much fun and many friends. Also miss doing a stalk.

Hello Liz,

Good to hear from you after so long.

I was almost on your doorstep last December (well at least in the right direction), we did the 14 days mauritius cruise, had a great time. I am beginning to find Costa boring, no new cruise markets in years, always the same route routes (like bus routes - tjhere will be another one along in 5 minutes). How are your cruising plans?

Ron

PS.I miss the old days on this forum, so much fun and many friends. Also miss doing a stalk.

Hey Ron, Mauritius is nice, pretty expensive we thought but we were only passing though to SA. No cruises on the horizon just now - done a couple of mini's out of Fremantle over the past couple of years. DH had 2 shoulder ops - back to back (mmm doesn't sound right somehow - nothing to do with his back) so that curtailed us somewhat. 2 years to be exact. Our cruises have been P&O Aus and Princess. Quite like the new pantry idea on P&O and it seems to be being adopted through other lines. I also miss the old days - your stalking - the round table and all of us with an opinion :p

Loved and miss the stalking. Haven't seen Capri on for a long time

We are still looking at a river cruise in your neck of the woods, nothing in the pipeline right now, but never say never.

(Sorry you other guys for pinching your thread.)