Viking hotel in San Juan

Beachvue

We booked a delux bay view room at the Sheraton Old San Juan. I worked directly with the hotel so that I was sure to have a View room with open doors onto a Juliette balcony for fresh air. They also found for me better rates than they had published online or the third party websites.

I will be happy to update after our stay there both prior to and after our cruise.

We have stayed pre cruise at Sheraton OSJ several times. Once received a nice suite upgrade. As others have said, you will not find a more convenient hotel for boarding ship. We have actually had longer walks from a terminal gate to our ship than from Sheraton OSJ to our ship. That said, as with every Caribbean hotel on any island we have ever occupied, there can be "issues" with wear, service, food, etc. It's the Caribbean, Mon!:cool:

We were able to book with El Convento. It's expensive with the tax (almost as much as the room!) but it's one night and I like to start my trips off right! My sister and I toured this hotel awhile back - she's a retired TA - and it's a beautiful property. You can't book 1 night on their website if it's a weekend, but I called and we were able to get in! I had to pay upfront, but I can cancel up to 24 hours ahead - which you can't with many online sites. Looking forward to the wine and cheese! They had fabulous Sangria when we were there.

We are on the 3/17 sailing with bcorre2!