Princess pier in San Frsncisco to SFO

If we do a VIP(suite) disembarkation from Grand Princess (ship docks at 7 AM Saturday April 14,2018) can we make an 11:45 AM flight?

the only other direct flight is at 4:45 PM and the other flight is a multi stop with a 30% on time record with connections only 45 minutes....we live in a small Oregon town with limited access.

Edited by puli

I don't think you'll have any problems. You can either: (a) Uber, (b) Taxi, or © Uber to the Embarcadero BART station, and then BART to SFO (probably most cost and time-effective option. You could walk to the Embarcadero BART station, but I wouldn't recommend it, if you have lots of luggage. I would guess Uber/Taxi direct to SFO would take maybe 35 minutes, at most. Uber to BART and then BART to SFO, maybe 45-55 minutes, at most.

If we do a VIP(suite) disembarkation from Grand Princess (ship docks at 7 AM Saturday April 14,2018) can we make an 11:45 AM flight?

the only other direct flight is at 4:45 PM and the other flight is a multi stop with a 30% on time record with connections only 45 minutes....we live in a small Oregon town with limited access.

Taxis will be right outside the port. An Uber will likey be cheaper, but you will need to wait for it, and sometimes that is not ideal.

I think the flight time is doable if everything goes well with ship arrival time and you do walk off. Also SFO can be a pain with security. Do you have TSA Precheck ? That will help. Are you checking bags?

I'd say, you can do it, but it might be close depending on security lines and checking baggage lines.

Good luck! Enjoy your cruise :)

Taxis will be right outside the port. An Uber will likey be cheaper, but you will need to wait for it, and sometimes that is not ideal.

I think the flight time is doable if everything goes well with ship arrival time and you do walk off. Also SFO can be a pain with security. Do you have TSA Precheck ? That will help. Are you checking bags?

I'd say, you can do it, but it might be close depending on security lines and checking baggage lines.

Good luck! Enjoy your cruise :)

thanks for your input...we decided to go with a later flight basically because the on time record of the 11:45 A M flight is so poor we were practically guaranteed to miss our connection.