Clothing on ship in Alaska

Patty Kott

Question,

I am doing a land/cruise package leaving August 21st. My question is when on the cruise for dinner will I be too cold if I wear capri's and where sandal's? I was planning on wearing sandals just at night along with capri's and a top with a light sweater. when I am off ship I have jeans and long sleeve tops and waterproof jacket ect. Will I be to cold wearing this at dinner and to the shows/bars at night?? Do people wear more winter type clothes at night as well? I know when going through the inside passage standing outside on our deck I will need jacket ect.

The temperature in the dining room should be the same no matter where you are sailing.

If you typically are cold on a cruise you will be cold on this one.

If you are not then you should feel the same.

Off the ship I would consider pants that if they get wet from the rain that they would dry quickly which is not the case with blue jeans.

Again inside the ship wear what you would on any cruise.

Keith

I just returned from our Alaskan cruise on August 11th. We were so fortunate to have gotten warm, sunny weather the entire cruise.

I wore dress capri's and sandals every night except formal night, during the cruise and was very comfortable. I did carry a light weight sweater but never needed to put it on.

Have a wonderful time!

Karen

The inside of the ship is typically kept at the same temperature wherever it sails whether it is the Caribbean or AK, if you would nto be cold in the Caribbean dressed like that than you should be OK in AK. the difference will be in outside temperatures.

Just got back from our Alaskan cruise on August 7th. We had beautiful weather! I wore capris to dinner in the dining room with no problems. Carried a light weight sweater, but needed it more for the theater than the MDR. Not needed at all in specialty restaurants.