Croatia Excursions: Krka Waterfalls, With or Without Dubrava Falconry

AdventureGal79

Has anyone done either the "The Krka Waterfalls & Town of Skradin" or "Krka National Park & Dubrava Falconry Center" excursions?

I'm wondering about the differences between them. Would one provide a better view of the waterfalls (i.e. from the water) versus one that arrives by car and you travel "over" them?

We are trying to decide between the two!

We did the Waterfalls and Town excursion and you get to walk along boardwalks amongst the waterfalls so to speak. A wonderful outing with lunch provided. Was a beautiful place (in our opinion)

• 2 weeks later...
We did the Waterfalls and Town excursion and you get to walk along boardwalks amongst the waterfalls so to speak. A wonderful outing with lunch provided. Was a beautiful place (in our opinion)

That is really good to know as we have just booked that trip when we visit Split on the Viking Sun in October.

Queenie1603 My husband and I will be on that same cruise October 4th Venice and the Adriatic and I'm going to try and sign up for the Krka Waterfalls excursion in Split. I'll be picking my excursions this Saturday. It sounds beautiful. Pat

Queenie1603 My husband and I will be on that same cruise October 4th Venice and the Adriatic and I'm going to try and sign up for the Krka Waterfalls excursion in Split. I'll be picking my excursions this Saturday. It sounds beautiful. Pat

We'll need to meet up afterwards and compare notes! It really was a difficult decision between the options.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi AFLkiwi, I just booked the Krka waterfalls& town of Skradin excursion. Do you remember how long the drive was to the excursion ? Was it in a bus? How long were you in the town of Skradin? Where was lunch? Thank you for your input, Regards, Pat

Hi Pat

We did this excursion from Zadar and the bus ride was no more than an hour from memory. We left port at 9.30 and once back in port had the tour of Zadar with our guide which, as it was on a Sunday afternoon, was not crowded. Lunch was included in the excursion and was enough to keep you going for the rest of the afternoon. You don't actually spend any time in the town per se only to have lunch but the waterfalls were wonderful. Great to get out into the countryside and see nature at its best. Hope this helps. Helen

That does help. I'm really looking forward to this excursion. Do you know how many hours your excursion was? Ours is 7 hours. Did you go on a river boat ride on the krka river? Thanks, Pat

Pat, I think 7 hours was about right. I know we were back in time to have a good look around back at the port. And, no, unfortunately, we did not do a river ride.

Helen