Carnival Elation dry dock 2017

SCAnthony

We're doing a short 5 day girl cruise and my PVP told me that the Elation would just be out of dry dock when we cruise on Oct 2. Sure hope they get everything finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just called CCL, customer service to see about upgrading to one of the new balconies. She said they aren't showing available for our 10/7 sailing. So she wait listed me, incase any come available. She said it can happen up to 24 hrs prior to sailing. I'm happy with our aft E deck cabin, either way. Looking at how they added balconies to other sister ships, our cabin is only 2 doors up from where they stop. I even tried to be slick & move 2 doors back. Nope. Neither side is available. We have to have 4 beds. Maybe those who aren't limited can change.

Also, last week a CSR said Elation IS getting Alchemy bar.

My opinion is, few really know exactly what updates she will get during dry dock. Elation IS getting Waterworks, but it's not guaranteed for our sailing. Fingers crossed they finish it, before we go.

I hope the CSR you spoke to was correct about the Elation getting the Alchemy bar. My PVP said no a few weeks ago. Might be worth calling her again to see what is up.

I hope the CSR you spoke to was correct about the Elation getting the Alchemy bar. My PVP said no a few weeks ago. Might be worth calling her again to see what is up.

I hope she was correct too. I've been reading some menus. Sounds like a perfect place for a few adult beverages. I can't wait to try the Red Frog Pub too.

I hope she was correct too. I've been reading some menus. Sounds like a perfect place for a few adult beverages. I can't wait to try the Red Frog Pub too.

There won't be a red frog pub. There will be a red frog rum bar, which is basically just redecorating one of the lido bars. A red frog pub is an awesome indoor pub but they will not be adding them to the Fantasy class, according to John Heald.

earlier posts have included that the waterworks might not be finished when she sails in early oct

while on ecsatasy last fall they were redecking around the pool on one side then the other during a 5 day! my buddy bob from Raleigh ( new buddy met on cc ) actually got a piece of old teak decking to take home as a souvenier! got the crew to sign and date it for him

• 3 weeks later...

Please,please get Alchemy!! I can't believe Elation would go through a month long dry dock and not get Alchemy!

Me and my GF's are going on a 5 day in April 2018 which we already started booking and then I realized Elation may not have Alchemy:eek: According to this thread I think I have a 50/50 chance....some say yes and some say no!!

Please,please get Alchemy!! I can't believe Elation would go through a month long dry dock and not get Alchemy!

Me and my GF's are going on a 5 day in April 2018 which we already started booking and then I realized Elation may not have Alchemy:eek: According to this thread I think I have a 50/50 chance....some say yes and some say no!!

I am pretty sure I have seen John Heald say it is getting Alchemy. Can't swear to it, but about 99% sure. Hopefully the official announcement will come soon since dry dock is less than a month away!

well for sure it ain't gonna have none of the upgrades Saturday! when we saild Elation again! woo woo!

might be my last Mongolian wok for who knows how long?

we're booked on ecstasy in dec, have they swapped out the wok there yet for the blue guano?

and we booked sensation for next april, it has all the balconys but I don't know if they've done these upgrades yet on the S ( been years since we sailed her out of cape C )

anyhoo, just five mo days!

Yes I know...as I am booked on her for October. She will go into dry dock on September 27th to October 9th...the reason why I chose October 21 is sometimes they don't finish what they need to do in dry dock and sometimes the first cruise after the dry dock may have restrictions because they will continue the work while the cruise is on with passengers.

They are replacing the Grill and rotisserie for Guy's Burger Joint

Replacing Mongolian Wok for the BlueIguana Cantina

Adding Alchemy Bar

Adding Cherry on Trop

crew area renovations

Hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in public areas...new carpeting, wall coverings, tile and lighting

That can't be right....i'm booked Sept 28-Oct 1???

That can't be right....i'm booked Sept 28-Oct 1???
The dry dock is during September, ending on the 27th. All cruises starting on 9/28 lasting 4 or 5 days are available for booking through October and going forward. Unfortunately, all of the upgrades may not be completed by 9/28 for your sailing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

just back today off the elation!

one more time eating the wok on embarkation day, and getting to smoke at the pool bar!

they have a serenity bar menu now though its still the bar up in the back of the buffet, they have a serenity unique menu attached to the chairs out there, I just don't recall seeing those on our other cruises

the big talk was all about the eclipse coming Monday.....even the road signs in Georgia sc and nc all mention increased traffic on this coming weekend and CRAP the stupid traffic was a beauch everywhere it seemed with all the road construction and other right of way, bridge and drainage improvements all along 77 26 95 up and down the roads from our part of the world

we did chat with a lot of other cruise commuters that drive so anyone planning elation cruises in the near future driving down I77 in NC and 95 thru sc and ga you might want to add in a bit of time

the worst is north of charlotte nc on 77 and right at Columbia sc on 77 southbound leg

anyway our take on the elations crew is intact, they all seem to be a pretty happy lot, and for the first time in years we didn't hear anyone making big complaints about anything

:)

so for sure we will look at next year on elation to check out the changes ( we got our next three planned )

Thank you for the information! It seems like there is less and less to read about the Elation! We are leaving on the Elation at the end of the month for a rare 3 day cruise. We will be back on her after dry dock for a January cruise. I too am looking forward to comparing the "old" with the "new". I love the Fantasy class ships and have sailed on them all, but usually without the kids/teens. They prefer a larger, newer, more exciting ship. When I sail with my parents (which I will be doing in January for their 59th wedding anniversary), I prefer the smaller ships because it's easier for them to navigate and less walking. There also seem to be fewer crowds. Any other information you can give me once you have the time, would be great! Welcome back!

hi cuz,

I have big time back problems and my wife has had both knees replaced and has a bad ankle. So we both get shot-up now precruise. I could probably make it onboard in jax since you board at ground level but from recent past experiences I know I'd be blown out that night. Most times we hit the room right after dinner and crash.

So this time we both got Carnival to wheel us onboard. I did get up and walk across the gangway. WE both did that on debarkation. Anyway, we had driven in from Walterboro sc about 200 miles sat morning so I didn't feel guilty at all about it. We did get stuck in Imagination dining room. As platinum we'd get priority res so what they did when we swapped cruises right at the final was give us a fixed time res for two in Imagination in stead of the aft dining room. A change for us for sure. We generally hit about one show in the main lounge and hit several comedy things during a cruise. On this one we did do the Hasbro thing for the first time ever and it was pretty fun on day one! We did cut back to just two comedy shows and both were hilarious. My wife did see one other show ( divas updated ) while I was smoking my after dinner cigar up on deck.

I guess the one thing most different about summer cruising is that its dark so much later. We almost always cruise feb-may maybe 2 a year and one round Halloween and or Christmas\dec. We average about 3 a year, some years we have done 4 and others 2. Next year we plan 2 but haven't chosen the 2nd one yet.

We always bring back a set of the days inteneraries and a load of the daily crap they put in the room. We mark up an envelope and stick it in there to review if we need to or loan to someone if they promise to return it.

My wife works for the airlines and we often loan out cruise info on one line or the other. I have mailed CC peeps stuff too.

Next year we plan a flydown to Miami and a couple days there bookending a few in key west and then a 5 day on sensation.

Thanks for the info Mojo!! Any and all information helps! I'm glad to hear that they have an area to smoke cigars. I am guessing that it's an aft location? Maybe 9th deck? That's where it was on the Splendor in May. I realize that the Splendor is a different class of ship. All my sailings on the Fantasy class ships in the past 5 years have been on refurb'd ships. I can't remember what the older, not refurb'd ships look like. We are hopeful that if we help mom with her carryons, she will be able to make it without w/c assistance. She doesn't have joint or leg issues, but rather she is recovering from cancer and radiation treatments that have left her "winded" on exertion. So she looks completely unhindered mobility-wise, but she has a real problem with any distance or stairs. I will check to see if we can get a w/c just in case. I understand that you can't get those until you actually check in at the port. Thank you again for the response!

Thank you for the information! It seems like there is less and less to read about the Elation! We are leaving on the Elation at the end of the month for a rare 3 day cruise. We will be back on her after dry dock for a January cruise. I too am looking forward to comparing the "old" with the "new". I love the Fantasy class ships and have sailed on them all, but usually without the kids/teens. They prefer a larger, newer, more exciting ship. When I sail with my parents (which I will be doing in January for their 59th wedding anniversary), I prefer the smaller ships because it's easier for them to navigate and less walking. There also seem to be fewer crowds. Any other information you can give me once you have the time, would be great! Welcome back!

?? I thought the 3-day Elation cruise at the end of Aug. was one way to Freeport? Maybe it changed, although I haven't checked in a while?

So, where will the smoking area be when they remodel? Last time I was on the Elation, you could not smoke at the bar, but at the tables -not at the bar. We did smoke down at the Drama bar, but that gets so crowded we would go back upstairs, are you saying they are doing away with that? arghh. we havent' quit yet.

I understand about the getting winded, DH is on chemo, he has no energy, and he gets dizzy, so dizzy he fell over and fractured his skull in 4 places and lost his vision in his right eye. that was on 7/1. and we changed a big long cruise to a paid in full elation cruise in December. so two cruises coming up on the elation. I would like a water works, but I would also be happy just getting in that round pool on the upper level. it was always too cold in January out of NOLA to enjoy that pool, but the lido deck pool with the slide was always in use, the kids just loved it. not my kids, dont have any, but loved to watch the kids who are immune to cold temperatures when water slides are involved.

so new smoking areas?

yea technically you might not smoke AT the pool bar but right there iin that area, though I did see some ashtrays on the bar this time

in feb the bartender said I couldn't smoke at the bar but this time there were some at the ship\side of the bar smoking - with a summer cruise it was packed!

ON ecstasy we had to go upstairs on that side of the ship to smoke, on some fantasy class ships they have covered the side area where the windscreens are with a frame and canvas roofing and have the ping pong tables moved out there while others still have them under the overhang, Elation this week had them under that overhang on deck 11 verandah

deck 10 lido is where we smoked at the starboard side bar table area

ecstasy has the rebranded red frog rum bar, which I hear will be added to elation so I'd suppose that they will maybe move the outdoor smoking upstairs there....... on ecstasy they put chairs and small low tables up there of the black wicker type

I remember some of the old days where anywhere on the open decks starboard you could smoke so some times on the ecstasy I did smoke under the overhang on the starboard side and no one discouraged me, but I have no idea if I was supposed to, most of the time I was there smoking was late in the evening when the weather was foul - we were on a Halloween cruise

I smoke usually two cigars a day while on a cruise and maybe a handful of cigarettes

Id get the wheelchair for mom on embarkation, they now have dock agents do the pushing even on debarkation! Unusual we'd always had ships crew debark us but that has changed.

no need to get blown out getting on the ship, and if you're not platinum or faster to the fun you still have to wait to get to the room till they clear them, we were on board by 11.15 and in the room in five minutes, two of our bags got there before we went to lunch so we had em unpacked and put away before hitting the wok!

?? I thought the 3-day Elation cruise at the end of Aug. was one way to Freeport? Maybe it changed, although I haven't checked in a while?

The August 26th cruise is a 3 day cruise to Freeport. We have one sea day as well. The cruise in January on the Elation will be a 4 day cruise to both Freeport and Nassau.

just back today off the elation!

one more time eating the wok on embarkation day, and getting to smoke at the pool bar!

they have a serenity bar menu now though its still the bar up in the back of the buffet, they have a serenity unique menu attached to the chairs out there, I just don't recall seeing those on our other cruises

the big talk was all about the eclipse coming Monday.....even the road signs in Georgia sc and nc all mention increased traffic on this coming weekend and CRAP the stupid traffic was a beauch everywhere it seemed with all the road construction and other right of way, bridge and drainage improvements all along 77 26 95 up and down the roads from our part of the world

we did chat with a lot of other cruise commuters that drive so anyone planning elation cruises in the near future driving down I77 in NC and 95 thru sc and ga you might want to add in a bit of time

the worst is north of charlotte nc on 77 and right at Columbia sc on 77 southbound leg

anyway our take on the elations crew is intact, they all seem to be a pretty happy lot, and for the first time in years we didn't hear anyone making big complaints about anything

:)

so for sure we will look at next year on elation to check out the changes ( we got our next three planned )

Mojo, we drove from Charlotte today to spend the night for embarkation tomorrow. I thought traffic would be a bear due to the eclipse and was totally prepared to take back roads or whatever. But it was a breeze. So glad.

Can you tell me what time you arrived at the port? Jax is so confusing now. Earliest check in time is 1:30 yet got an email yesterday to show up at your assigned check in time and boarding would start at 12:30. Just wondering if we can plan to arrive around 11 like normal. We have FTTF. Thanks!

shh, don't tell everybody but......

if you're platinum you can check in as soon as the port police open the lot up for you if you are parking, if you are parking at the pier anyway

if you park n ride then I suppose the hotels will schedule their shuttle as needed but they ARE following some guidelines, we stay at the Microtel airport usually when we drive but they are always scheduling their guests in their airport vans but you gotta check ahead with them for a time

if you are faster to the fun you can go about anytime

we have drove to the port in the past about 1030 and gotten turned away at the gates while taxis and vans and buses were driving right in for drop-offs

then we'd head down the island a bit and turn around and 15 minutes later usually we'd get right in

we have been vip since before these staggered boarding times so we never really had to deal with those ( though we always chose the earliest time available ) we just show up early anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Please update us on your thoughts. We'll be on 18 Nov :0)

Yes I know...as I am booked on her for October. She will go into dry dock on September 27th to October 9th...the reason why I chose October 21 is sometimes they don't finish what they need to do in dry dock and sometimes the first cruise after the dry dock may have restrictions because they will continue the work while the cruise is on with passengers.

They are replacing the Grill and rotisserie for Guy's Burger Joint

Replacing Mongolian Wok for the BlueIguana Cantina

Adding Alchemy Bar

Adding Cherry on Trop

crew area renovations

Hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in public areas...new carpeting, wall coverings, tile and lighting

Elation was my very first cruise :)

glad shes getting the 2.0 upgrades.

Are they finally getting rid of that ugly slide on lido main pool?

I really loved that slide when I cruised on the Elation last October. it is one of only two on Carnival ships that dump you inot the pool instead of endingi in a trough. To me that was the fun part of it. Im excited they are getting the upgrades like Blue iguana and Alchemy Bar

Is the Elation getting the alchemy bar? I sure hope so but from earlier posts and other threads, it was stated that it isn't. Only that there were some "surprises". Maybe that will be one of them. Guess we need to wait. Not sailing until mid November.

Hi all, we just got back from an Ecstasy cruise that went to Freeport and we saw the Elation over in the dry dock. They were hard at work and we got some pictures of new super structure being added right above the bridge. It appears that the new structure is going where the mini golf was. When I can, I will try to link up a few pictures. We were pretty far away but we had binoculars and could see them working and the cranes putting the pieces in place.