Carnival really needs to update the shows and dump Motown.

frayedend

We might not be typical, but I am a young cruiser and sail 2-3 times a year as well. We started in 2014 and just went on our 8th cruise with a back to back coming up in a few months. I have seen several repeated shows and agree, a change would be nice. I did enjoy the entertainment on the longer 8 day cruise we took. They had a few variety shows including a juggling comedian, hypnotist, magic shows, etc. I do not care for the singing and dancing shows anymore. Many of the singers are bad anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Same here. DW and I are 34 and have 5 booked this year alone. Last July was our 20th one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They were probably "poorly attended" because many of us have seen so many "Playlist" shows, and found them to be far less than good. "Divas" was one of the worst excuses for a show that I've ever seen. LOL Anyway, I'll attend the shows on my next cruise in hopes that it's improved. Thanks for the "heads up" that it may be.

"SKY"

Maybe, but I would think just the opposite. As example our July cruise on the Pride, the majority were first time cruisers. Almost 80% were 2 cruises or less.

Another one of these stupid condescending posts. Obviously they meant everyone in their party. But I think you knew that.

Speaking of condescending..... the question stands and is legit, is it one cabin? Two? Four people or ten?

Now that said, does that make you feel better? How much do you make being poster advocate, the responsibility must be daunting.

I think this problem may be due to sailing a limited variety of ships. I sail 7 night cruises on the larger ships and have had a different experience. I have seen the shows change, even since the beginning of playlist productions. While PLP were a big change from the old shows, and I could complain some in the beginning, they have improved. Flick was a new one for us on our last sailing and it was fabulous.

As for motown, my hubby LOVES it, and he is the guy springing for the cruise for all of us, including 8 kids, so .... I guess its not as irrevevant as you might thing.

I am an 80s fan as are my children (ages 11-24) , so we would hate to see those go away. My kids appreciate just being on a cruise and create their own great time, no matter what. I dont need to "sell" them on it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Speaking of condescending..... the question stands and is legit, is it one cabin? Two? Four people or ten?

Now that said, does that make you feel better? How much do you make being poster advocate, the responsibility must be daunting.

In general do you think playlist shows are as good as the older production shows.

IMHO older shows such as Ticket to Ride or Dancing in the Street far superior to the best playlist shows they put on now.

You will love the shows on the MSC Divina. There is so much going on at all times on stage in the MSC shows.

They are the best we have seen at sea and we have sailed NCL, CCL, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess and HAL. Don't miss the afternoon opera performance, even if you don't like opera.

I agree! I love watching production shows every night! And with all different themes.

I think it's done due to presence of international crowds, but still very nice.

I understand what you are saying. But so many threads devolve into bickering because of the attitude it's bothersome. Why not just disagree with someone without the attitude?

I am an 80s fan as are my children (ages 11-24) , so we would hate to see those go away. My kids appreciate just being on a cruise and create their own great time, no matter what. I dont need to "sell" them on it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

The 80s is very popular now. My teens like 80s music. The 80s Trivia was held in the main theater rather than next to the coffee shop and it was packed. I think a huge portion of the cruisers are in their 40s with their kids now so it makes sense. My personal issue with Motown is that it was old when I was a kid. I didn't really care of it then either. The funny thing is that they call the show Motor City. We were hoping maybe they had Kid Rock and Eminem. :)

When you know all the trivia answers because you've been on a different cruise it's a problem. I'm guilty and I have my ship on a stick proudly displayed in my souvenirs. LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When you know all the tricia answers because you've been on a different cruise it's a problem. I'm guilty and I have my ship on a stick proudly displayed in my souvenirs. LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now they have iPads with thousands of questions so they shouldn't have the problems of the same old trivia questions anymore. It was nice to hear a lot of new stuff. But they do need to maybe have Americans working on the categories and questions. There was a lot of stuff that just didn't fit the category correctly.

I received and sent back a long survey from Carnival this week on entertainment, games and music. So I believe they are working on some changes.
They should always be asking, so their asking doesn't tell us anything about their plans.

Boyfriend and I are in our mid-twenties and were fairly satisfied with the entertainment on Carnival Magic. There was a really awesome and hilarious juggler, a rock show that we enjoyed, and then another performance that we were split on that I sadly don't remember the name of, but it was kind of a musical medley. It was a little avant garde for me, except for the woman who came out and sang Whitney Houston and KILLED IT. But boyfriend loved the whole thing, so your mileage may vary.

I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise this year and I think the entertainment options and shows appeal to me a little bit more, except for Cats.

I understand what you are saying. But so many threads devolve into bickering because of the attitude it's bothersome. Why not just disagree with someone without the attitude?

It was not meant to be evil or bickering, just a question and hopefully based with a little humor.

There was nothing new on my cruise. Divas is dated also. Love and marriage, old. Game show? Can me on really.

We love the "Love and Marriage" show....that is different each time with new contestants, however they might want to change up the questions.....but shows such as "Divas", "Motown", the "Welcome Aboard" shows etc definitely need to be recycled and some new shows with some new music/costumes/themes needs to be brought on board.....CCL needs to catch up to the higher levels of entertainment which can be found on their competitor's ships.

In general do you think playlist shows are as good as the older production shows.

IMHO older shows such as Ticket to Ride or Dancing in the Street far superior to the best playlist shows they put on now.

Well' date=' I would agree they are different, that is for sure. I actually thought that the new shows on the Vista were the best that we have seen. It is my understanding that they will be bringing more live music into the mix, they have started this on the Splendor, but it needs to go further. Without jumping up on my soapbox, I think entertainment in general, and more specifically on Carnival ships is in flux. I really am not sure where it is going, but I really doubt they will be doing off Broadway shows. When we were on the Pride in July, I had a pretty in depth conversation with Brittany the entertainment director about this very subject.[/color']

Well, I would agree they are different, that is for sure. I actually thought that the new shows on the Vista were the best that we have seen. It is my understanding that they will be bringing more live music into the mix, they have started this on the Splendor, but it needs to go further. Without jumping up on my soapbox, I think entertainment in general, and more specifically on Carnival ships is in flux. I really am not sure where it is going, but I really doubt they will be doing off Broadway shows. When we were on the Pride in July, I had a pretty in depth conversation with Brittany the entertainment director about this very subject.

Our next cruise is on Miracle and will see what they have. Last few have been Princess and their shows are head and shoulders better than Carnival.