How Does Cancellation Refund Work?

I'm thinking about booking via a non early saver rate for the first time because we're not sure if our to be 1 year old will work out well on a cruise after he is walking. We want to book PAST GUEST OFFER WITH 2-CATEGORY UPGRADE rate which says Refundable deposit subject to cancellation penalties.

These penalties are only after final payment, right?

How do refunds work if we cancel before final payment and how quickly are they applied?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

I'm thinking about booking via a non early saver rate for the first time because we're not sure if our to be 1 year old will work out well on a cruise after he is walking. We want to book PAST GUEST OFFER WITH 2-CATEGORY UPGRADE rate which says Refundable deposit subject to cancellation penalties.

How do refunds work if we cancel before final payment and how quickly are they applied?

You are correct that booking Past Guest rate allows cancellation until the day BEFORE final payment date without any penalty. (My credit card is always charged early in the morning on final payment day.)

The refund will be given in the form of the original payment. (If a credit card, you'll receive a credit. If gift card, you'll receive a gift card in the mail.) I can't help with how long refund is applied, sorry.

Yes you are correct and it takes about 7-10 days.