AT LAST! - Finished my blog from our NCL Sun 14-day cruise to Alaska!!

AryMay

Just wanted to let folks know that I finally finished all of the posts from our 14-night Alaska cruise on the NCL Sun. Much of it will be the same as the review I posted on the Alaska board, but I have added quite a few more photos and a little extra narrative. Here is a link to the beginning of the review and you can link to the other posts from there.

And...yes...I realize that it has taken me over 2 months to get this done! I can't even imagine how far behind I would get if we did a really long cruise. In my dreams I would like to do live blogs like my cruising hero, Pescado Amarillo, but in reality I know it ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes:

I have been slow about getting this finished up because once I got home, my focus shifted towards where we will be going next! Stay tuned...our next cruise isn't too far into the future!! :D

I am way ahead of you. I just finished the whole thing. Loved it. I think someone posted a link in another thread. One of your earlier Alaska blogs helped me so much with our own trip this past June and you answered some of my questions as well. I will be a blog stalker for life! :)

Thanks for all of the comments.

This was a great cruise itinerary...but one I don't think is on the schedule for next year. I loved having a full two weeks on the ship...between the glacier viewing days and sea days it was a very relaxing way to see Alaska!

Early on it seemed as if this cruise was going to be sold out, but towards the end they were practically giving away the inside cabins!

Thank you for sharing and your attention to detail. You drive from Skagway looks amazing...I hope to enjoy retirement like this too!

Thank you so much for sharing this. Truly, it's one of the best blog reviews that I have read!

Thank you so much! My blog is my way of preserving memories but I am thrilled to know that others enjoy it as well!

Love the pictures, can you post the camera model/brand so i have some idea of distance ?

Thanks! There are photos from five different cameras on my blog, but the majority were taken with my Canon SX-50...a point & shoot bridge camera that I bought three years ago for our first trip to Alaska. I think there is a newer SX-60 model. The 50x zoom is so fun to use in Alaska, but the trade off is poor photos in low light. (The zoom is so good that I used my camera much like a pair of binoculars!) With all of the fog & cloudy conditions on our cruise, most of the photos on my blog have been edited just a bit to sharpen and boost the colors.

The other cameras?

• My underwater Canon D-10 was used when it was really rainy or times when both my husband and I were taking photos.
  • Some of the ship photos were taken on a much older Canon compact camera that I carry in my purse.
  • My iPhone.
  • And lastly I used just a few photos that my friend took on her Panasonic Lumix FZ200. Her camera takes really sharp photos, but has a lower zoom (24x).