Veggie burgers at O'Sheehan's??

Barneu

Greetings,

I'll be on Getaway in Feb 2018 with my wife's entire family (don't worry, I have the drink package).

Does O'Sheehan's have veggie burgers? We are kosher people so won't be eating any meat or poultry onboard, but we love a veggie burger as much as the next person who also loves a veggie burger. Thanks!!

Greetings,

I'll be on Getaway in Feb 2018 with my wife's entire family (don't worry, I have the drink package).

Does O'Sheehan's have veggie burgers? We are kosher people so won't be eating any meat or poultry onboard, but we love a veggie burger as much as the next person who also loves a veggie burger. Thanks!!

Sadly none on the breakaway. Plenty of delicious vegetarian options, but o sheehans didn't really have anything but sides for veg people. Oh! Also, in my opinion, any time there is a meal with set courses (I don't know the getaway, but on BA, it was the cirque show and wine lovers the musical) where you have to request a veg option, that option is usually subpar. Best veg meal I have had on two BA cruises was the vegetable napolean at le bistro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCL pledged to and will do its best to arrange for Kosher meal (and, other dietary/special needs) with a minimum of 30 days notice prior to sailing - you should and can let them know ahead of time ... they do have dedicated facilities/food prep area set aside to do this. In short, communicate ahead to give them advanced notice - simple.

If you have any food allergy or a dietary requirement that requires Kosher meals or gluten-free food product, please advise a Norwegian Reservations Agent, or your Travel Agent at the time of booking. Obtaining the product for many of these requests requires 30-days notice prior to sailing, and we want to ensure that we are able to fulfill your request. We cannot guarantee Kosher Meal requests made within 30 days of sail date. For the protection of all of our guests, it is not permissible to bring aboard any food items that would require preparation by the ship’s staff, or food items that would require cold storage in our kitchen facilities.

You just need to contact NCL and request kosher meals. I would hope that would include meat and poultry. I couldn't imagine eating vegetarian for a whole 7 days.

You poor thing haven't had decent vegetarian food then! I have been eating strictly vegetarian for a decade- from $2 street food in South America to $700 per person lunches in Paris, to good old grocery store taco kits made with lentils, shrooms, chick peas, or gluten- I still like the memory of meat and seafood occasionally, but I can't imagine eating uninspired non vegetarian food for a whole week! Give me fresh, whole, imaginative veg food any time :)

You poor thing haven't had decent vegetarian food then! I have been eating strictly vegetarian for a decade- from $2 street food in South America to $700 per person lunches in Paris, to good old grocery store taco kits made with lentils, shrooms, chick peas, or gluten- I still like the memory of meat and seafood occasionally, but I can't imagine eating uninspired non vegetarian food for a whole week! Give me fresh, whole, imaginative veg food any time :)

I'm glad you like your vegetarian meals. I do not. I am a meat eater. Maybe not everyday. But certainly not gonna eat vegetarian for a whole week. My original response was to the OP who like me is also not a vegetarian but they are kosher and think that vegetarian is the only option on NCL to keep kosher. I was just telling them to contact NCL and request kosher meals. And I would hope that would include things other than just vegetarian.

• 3 weeks later...
Veggie burgers weren't on the O'Sheenan's menu but I requested one and they made it for me. The waiter had to check with the chef about it.

I never asked, this is good to know as it opens the late night and lunch menu options. Although the best late night item there is apple pie!

Sadly none on the breakaway. Plenty of delicious vegetarian options, but o sheehans didn't really have anything but sides for veg people. Oh! Also, in my opinion, any time there is a meal with set courses (I don't know the getaway, but on BA, it was the cirque show and wine lovers the musical) where you have to request a veg option, that option is usually subpar. Best veg meal I have had on two BA cruises was the vegetable napolean at le bistro.

Meals with the set courses are poor for non-vegetarian too.

I seem to recall talking with a couple on an N L cruise after noticing they seemed to be eating different choices than I'd seen in the menu. They were kosher, and IIRC had chicken and kasha and veggies for the entree I'd noticed. I might be mistaken about the cruise line but seems like my memory puts it in Savor or Taste.