Welcome onboard Oceania marina

Solent Richard

Earlier this week my wife and I were delighted to be invited for lunch and a tour of Oceania's Marina while she was berthed in Southampton.

We have sailed with Oceania on a number of occasions but never on Marina.

35789237184_ed27829932_z.jpg

I have written a review with some 60 photographs. Hopefully readers will find it interesting and informative.

Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/08/20/welcome-onboard-oceania-marina/

36577676916_4477e84332_z.jpg

36455168612_875d6553da_z.jpg

Excellent review and pictures of your day on Marina. Thank you for that. We have had a day on Celebrity Eclipse just recently. Oh no, Celebrity does not put on a show like that. We saw a limited number of accommodations and I am afraid the lunch was nowhere near as good as yours. Of course they did not serve from the speciality menus. Celebrity did organise the visit very well but I know which cruise company I will be sailing with. We had a ship's visit on Nautica a couple of years ago and were much impressed then. We have had two cruises with Oceania since and will be on Nautica in three weeks' time. Can't wait. J

Great Pics, thanks for taking time to do this extensive revue and photos, Our upcoming trip is on the Riviera their sister ship, assume both their ships are somewhat alike, It looks first class to me in every aspect

Thank you so much. The first picture of the Owners Suite made me homesick, but we can't get that on our next cruise as we booked too late. However, the pictures of the Oceania Suite were fabulous and you made it all well! Thanks.

Excellent review and pictures of your day on Marina. Thank you for that. We have had a day on Celebrity Eclipse just recently. Oh no, Celebrity does not put on a show like that. We saw a limited number of accommodations and I am afraid the lunch was nowhere near as good as yours. Of course they did not serve from the speciality menus. Celebrity did organise the visit very well but I know which cruise company I will be sailing with. We had a ship's visit on Nautica a couple of years ago and were much impressed then. We have had two cruises with Oceania since and will be on Nautica in three weeks' time. Can't wait. J

Good morning Jay.

I don't know if you noticed but there is also a review of Nautica on my blog

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/03/21/oceania-nautica-dawn-of-civilisation-cruise/

three weeks from Istanbul to Dubai...

8741152952_cbac5f1f76_b.jpg

8739710116_0a64b04950_z.jpg

Thank you (Solent) Richard for drawing my attention to your cruise on Nautica. This was a great cruise, I can confirm as we have done it but in the opposite direction... from Dubai and with Seabourn. (so not the same at all!)

Our previous cruises with Oceania were on Riviera and one of those was in a PH suite. Really luxurious and with the butler too. I am interested to see that you are not overly happy with the open dining in the MDR. It is something we like, as we can have a quiet evening to ourselves or be sociable sometimes too.

The coming up cruise is round The British Isles from Southampton. Much looking forward to it but not sure about the weather. I will report on how we find it, ..... later in September. Jay

Thank you (Solent) Richard for drawing my attention to your cruise on Nautica. This was a great cruise, I can confirm as we have done it but in the opposite direction... from Dubai and with Seabourn. (so not the same at all!)

Our previous cruises with Oceania were on Riviera and one of those was in a PH suite. Really luxurious and with the butler too. I am interested to see that you are not overly happy with the open dining in the MDR. It is something we like, as we can have a quiet evening to ourselves or be sociable sometimes too.

The coming up cruise is round The British Isles from Southampton. Much looking forward to it but not sure about the weather. I will report on how we find it, ..... later in September. Jay

"I am interested to see that you are not overly happy with the open dining in the MDR."

Hi Jay.

I found nothing wrong with either the food or service. It was just on a 21 night cruise we found, when joining a table of more than two, that the conversations become a little stilted with the same introductory and follow on questions.

It's a problem on most open seating dining rooms but just gets amplified by the length of the cruise.

It was interesting to see your pictures of Nautica, as we just returned from a cruise on Azamara Journey. Knowing they were the same type of ship, I was curious to see the difference in décor. Nautica looks more upscale.

With one cruise on Oceania (Riviera) and one on Azamara under our belts, we preferred Oceania. But like most people, we look at the itinerary, and then compare prices to decide.

"I am interested to see that you are not overly happy with the open dining in the MDR."

Hi Jay.

I found nothing wrong with either the food or service. It was just on a 21 night cruise we found, when joining a table of more than two, that the conversations become a little stilted with the same introductory and follow on questions.

It's a problem on most open seating dining rooms but just gets amplified by the length of the cruise.

Oh, I completely understand. On one cruise i got so tired of explaining where we lived i started saying "Outside Washington DC." Never mind we live 250 miles from DC. It's outside. And everyone knew where DC was.

It would be nice if tables could be assigned by a keen sense of irony or by wry humor.

simple solutions

Ask for a 2 top

only share with people you know or met & get on with

Eat in the buffet or your cabin

When we tire of the questions we eat alone & we already know all the answers so no problem ;)

not as much fun but we can eat faster without chatting

It would be nice if tables could be assigned by a keen sense of irony or by wry humor.

+1

Maybe the CD could vet at the door with a few one-liners. :D

I'm sure those w/o the same sense of humour would appreciate it too

• 2 months later...
Wonderful input on Oceania’s Marina. Especially as my first Oceania sailing will be on Dec 17th and on Marina.
Welcome to Cruise Critic and to Oceania. There is a Roll Call section here on CC where you can chat with fellow pax on your cruise. Stop by and post a hello. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Edited by YoHoHo

• 4 weeks later...