Getaway Aft Cabins 11912 , 11314 , 11310 review

MR LED

We just got back from the Getaway. I wanted to post this information on the Aft cabins since there is so little informaiton out there about them. I hope this helps anyone thinking of booking an aft. We had 3 aft staterooms on deck 11. Cabin #’s 11912, 11314, & 11310. The deck plans online make you think each cabin may be a different size or shape. They are not. All the cabins were the same size and layout of any balcony cabin on the ship. Cabins 11912 & 11314 had the bed next to the closet. Cabin 11310 had the bed next to the balcony. Now for the best part of an aft cabin, the balcony. They are LARGE. About 10 feet deep. Each aft balcony had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a small table. Nice and private too. You could only see up or down to the balcony above or below you if you came out to the rail otherwise no one could see you sitting down. They provide a great view of both sides of the ship and the wake behind. Plus the Captain backed into every dock which gave you a great view of the islands at port. NOTE: if you like to hear the ocean at night but want your AC to stay on just unlock the balcony door and keep it closed. Not sure if I can go back to a regular balcony again! It was so nice to be able to make a cup of coffee and layout on the balcony every morning. Yes I said make coffee. The balcony cabins each had its own small coffee maker. A first for me on a cruise. RCCL and DCL do not have in room coffee makers. Nice benefit NCL!

Thanks for sharing! We will be in 12304 on Getaway next year & are so looking forward to those views from the balcony! Would you mind telling me how the motion/noise were from your aft location?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing! We will be in 12304 on Getaway next year & are so looking forward to those views from the balcony! Would you mind telling me how the motion/noise were from your aft location?

I thought that number sounded familiar. In late Nov. I was in 12302. My neighbor in 12304 let me see his Penthouse. 2 baths, tub, big rounded deck. If you have friends, 12302 adjoins to it. Very quiet section of the ship.

This area is away from the elevators and stairs so no hallway noise. We could hear the music from Spice H20 deck party’s if we had the balcony door open, but they are over by 11 so no worry. I usually just keep the door unlocked so I could hear the sound of the waves & wake all night which is very relaxing. As for the motion, the entire ship rocked all week even in calm water. Not sure why. This was our 12 cruise and we have never rocked so much until the Getaway.

We had 11314 nov 8-15 and loved it I did find the neighbors to the right had a slightly wider balcony but ours was still huge on the left was a handicapped room and it's balony was easily twice the size of 11314 not sure I could ever go back to a regular room again there was no real noise as its a dead end even spice wasn't loud when out there at night only problem we had was smokers out there next door also there are two lights shining down so u can always see the wake really good no matter the time

Edited by Cruzzin Curt

. . . also there are two lights shining down so u can always see the wake really good no matter the time

I'm in one of these (Deck 9) starting next week.

I'd not read about the lights illuminating the wake, but I like that. :)

Thanks for sharing.

We will be in one of these balcony cabins Jan 10 2015. Could someone explain what the original poster meant ...

NOTE: if you like to hear the ocean at night but want your AC to stay on just unlock the balcony door and keep it closed. [/b]

My husband and I can't figure out what is meant. How can you hear the ocean when your unlocked balcony door is closed? Please someone, explain.

We will be in one of these balcony cabins Jan 10 2015. Could someone explain what the original poster meant ...

NOTE: if you like to hear the ocean at night but want your AC to stay on just unlock the balcony door and keep it closed. [/b]

My husband and I can't figure out what is meant. How can you hear the ocean when your unlocked balcony door is closed? Please someone, explain.

They probably meant unlock it and push the door open a few inches as opposed to opening it enough to go in and out

Get the sound of the ocean and won't let the a/ c totally escape

• 1 year later...
We had 11314 nov 8-15 and loved it I did find the neighbors to the right had a slightly wider balcony but ours was still huge on the left was a handicapped room and it's balony was easily twice the size of 11314 not sure I could ever go back to a regular room again there was no real noise as its a dead end even spice wasn't loud when out there at night only problem we had was smokers out there next door also there are two lights shining down so u can always see the wake really good no matter the time

Thanks all for the info and pic of 11314. I'll be in that cabin on Sunday after getting an upgrade from a Studio which I paid a premium price. I knew the balcony in that column of cabins were the smallest after looking at aft pictures of the ship and was a little concerned. Under the circumstances it's all good.

• 11 months later...
We just got back from the Getaway. I wanted to post this information on the Aft cabins since there is so little informaiton out there about them. I hope this helps anyone thinking of booking an aft. We had 3 aft staterooms on deck 11. Cabin #’s 11912, 11314, & 11310. The deck plans online make you think each cabin may be a different size or shape. They are not. All the cabins were the same size and layout of any balcony cabin on the ship. Cabins 11912 & 11314 had the bed next to the closet. Cabin 11310 had the bed next to the balcony. Now for the best part of an aft cabin, the balcony. They are LARGE. About 10 feet deep. Each aft balcony had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a small table. Nice and private too. You could only see up or down to the balcony above or below you if you came out to the rail otherwise no one could see you sitting down. They provide a great view of both sides of the ship and the wake behind. Plus the Captain backed into every dock which gave you a great view of the islands at port. NOTE: if you like to hear the ocean at night but want your AC to stay on just unlock the balcony door and keep it closed. Not sure if I can go back to a regular balcony again! It was so nice to be able to make a cup of coffee and layout on the balcony every morning. Yes I said make coffee. The balcony cabins each had its own small coffee maker. A first for me on a cruise. RCCL and DCL do not have in room coffee makers. Nice benefit NCL!

We are looking to book 11910 and 11912, do you recall if the balcony dividers can be removed? Would love if they can 'connect' through the balconies which would make our balcony even larger. I know they can on the side balconies, not sure on the AFT. Also, know the 'safety rules' indicate they shouldn't.

We are looking to book 11910 and 11912, do you recall if the balcony dividers can be removed? Would love if they can 'connect' through the balconies which would make our balcony even larger. I know they can on the side balconies, not sure on the AFT. Also, know the 'safety rules' indicate they shouldn't.

I'm 90% sure these are not removable. They seemed permanent to me.

You'll love these cabins/balconies.

There is a big picture of the dividers in this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774708

Thanks for the reply, Dave! I really want to book the AFT balcony but we need either the rooms to connect or the balcony (preferably the balcony) for kiddos to easily go to and from rooms. Looks like I may have to book a regular balcony :(

That's too bad. I'm sure you've noticed how much bigger they are. BTW, that link is for the Breakaway but the Getaway is the same. Good luck in your selection.

Thanks for the reply, Dave! I really want to book the AFT balcony but we need either the rooms to connect or the balcony (preferably the balcony) for kiddos to easily go to and from rooms. Looks like I may have to book a regular balcony :(

I would definitely call NCL and ask. You never know what they're willing to do.

They probably meant unlock it and push the door open a few inches as opposed to opening it enough to go in and out

Get the sound of the ocean and won't let the a/ c totally escape

I don't think this is what the OP meant, and I want to know the answer, too! I sail in aft balconies most of the time, and I haven't figured out how to do this myself! On the Breakaway/Getaway/Escape, the air conditioning automatically goes COMPLETELY OFF when the balcony door is even open a crack. :( I never tried just unlocking it and leaving it closed. I just assumed you wouldn't hear anything. I will have to try this in November on the Breakaway.

• 5 months later...

Let’s revive this thread a bit, because I still have questions. It appears most prefer the bed by the balcony. I also see SO many different sizes for balconies. Some extremely small. Is the Aft balcony a decent size? Any changes or size difference based on the floor you’re on?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also see SO many different sizes for balconies. Some extremely small. Is the Aft balcony a decent size? Any changes or size difference based on the floor you’re on?

For Breakaway/Getaway, the depth of the aft-facing balcony varies. From deepest to least deep, the order is 9,12,11,10,14,13.

P1030573.JPG

Deck 9 B1

vs

u7agubyn.jpg

...deck 13 B1

NO.

For Escape, the order and sizes are different from BA/GA.

There is no aft-facing on Escape that is as deep as deck 9 on BA/GA.

Ok thanks. I had an AFT suite on Getaway and it was amazing!! I want to go AFT again on the Escape this time and trying to figure out which floors have the deeper balconies before I book.

Ok thanks. I had an AFT suite on Getaway and it was amazing!! I want to go AFT again on the Escape this time and trying to figure out which floors have the deeper balconies before I book.

If you're looking for a suite (H6), know that the bedroom/master bathroom configurations on Escape are the opposite of BA/GA.

Do you prefer the bathroom near the balcony or the bedroom near the balcony?

If you're looking for a suite (H6), know that the bedroom/master bathroom configurations on Escape are the opposite of BA/GA.

Do you prefer the bathroom near the balcony or the bedroom near the balcony?

Probably not doing a suite this time. But, I prefer the bedroom near the balcony if we go that route.