Ultimate Beverage Package - limits?

Ginnie6

Hi All - I just booked my first cruise with NCL and am getting the UBP. I've cruised with Carnival before and with their drink package, they have a 15 drink limit per day. Just wondering if Norwegian has a similar daily drink limit?

Thanks!

There is no hard limit, but they can and may refuse to serve you if they feel you are excessively inebriated, regardless of number of drinks purchased.

I suspect if the system shows 30-35 drinks per person per day (for example) they may also take a closer look...

Hi All - I just booked my first cruise with NCL and am getting the UBP. I've cruised with Carnival before and with their drink package, they have a 15 drink limit per day. Just wondering if Norwegian has a similar daily drink limit?

Thanks!

Ginnie, Did you ever max out the limit on your Carnival cruise? Just kidding around, but that would be a hard thing to accomplish.icon10.gif

Have Fun

Rob

Ginnie, Did you ever max out the limit on your Carnival cruise? Just kidding around, but that would be a hard thing to accomplish.icon10.gif

Have Fun

Rob

My husband did max out once on a sea day, but a couple of the drinks he had "bought" for one of the entertainment staff that we had made friends with [a couple beers while he was singing in the bar], and a couple drinks that had gone to waste when you take a couple sips and decide that it just didn't taste good. Then there were days where we only had 2 drinks each for the entire day.

Have Fun

Rob

It's actually kind of easy. Especially if you do shots in between beers. I've maxed out once during a sea day.

Thanks!

Carnival also has a time limit between drinks. A meager time, for sure, but regardless, NCL doesn't have a stated policy.

Edited by tiger-91

I suspect if the system shows 30-35 drinks per person per day (for example) they may also take a closer look...

Yes that happens and then the bar staff gets questioned about if the guest is sharing drinks or drinking to much. So as long as you don't share and behave yourself you can drink as much as you want.

I figured Carnival might put the limit so you don't buy a ton of drinks for friends who are not on the package. That is the only reason I would think they would do that.

I know Carnival has the Party reputation and I have never gone on Carnival, but I surely would. A few friends of mine have, and really liked the food and the overall cruise. I think they were on one of the newer ships, but not sure which.

Happy Drinking,icon10.gif

Rob

We've purchased the UBP on each NCL cruise we've been on, and we have never experienced an issue with limits. Then again, we may have been having fun but never were out of control. Bartenders and bar servers receive a portion of your tips, so they want to make sure you're having a good time. Cheers! BTW, if you are on Breakaway class ship, the outdoor venues are a lot of fun.

The Freestyle Choice information has the following:-

ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

The first two guests can enjoy a drink (who are we kidding, drinks) for the whole cruise vacation for free. That's unlimited wine, soda, beer and cocktails priced under $15. Have another, we won't tell.*

Value Up To $1,888

The bolding is mine but there is a limit quoted.

Mike

I believe that your account is debited the cost of the drink; then it is debited the 18% and finally the cost of the drink is credited. This happens for every drink you have on the package. All you are paying for each time is 18% of the cost the drink.

If the cost of the drink is more than the allowed value ($15 I think) it is a little more complicated.

Mike

I believe that your account is debited the cost of the drink; then it is debited the 18% and finally the cost of the drink is credited. This happens for every drink you have on the package. All you are paying for each time is 18% of the cost the drink.

If the cost of the drink is more than the allowed value ($15 I think) it is a little more complicated.

Mike

That isn't correct.

You are charged 18% on the cost of the package when you buy it. You aren't charged for any gratuities when you actually get the drinks.

That isn't correct.

You are charged 18% on the cost of the package when you buy it. You aren't charged for any gratuities when you actually get the drinks.

Please explain how that works when one receives the UDP as a Freestyle Choice perk. In that case you don't buy it so do you double benefit by getting the free UDP and not have to pay the 18% like everyone else?

Mike

Please explain how that works when one receives the UDP as a Freestyle Choice perk. In that case you don't buy it so do you double benefit by getting the free UDP and not have to pay the 18% like everyone else?

Mike

The drink package is free but the gratuities on it are not included. You still have to pay the 18% gratuities on the list price of the drink package in advance.

The Freestyle Choice information has the following:-

ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

The first two guests can enjoy a drink (who are we kidding, drinks) for the whole cruise vacation for free. That's unlimited wine, soda, beer and cocktails priced under $15. Have another, we won't tell.*

Value Up To $1,888

The bolding is mine but there is a limit quoted.

Mike

The limit is on the price of $15/drink, not on how many drinks one can have. And The value of up to $1888 just refers to the price one would have to pay for the package if it were not free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The limit is on the price of $15/drink, not on how many drinks one can have. And The value of up to $1888 just refers to the price one would have to pay for the package if it were not free.

Actually, the value "up to $1888" is (and I am assuming) what NCL estimates the package to be worth but the actual cost (at least in CDN on a 7 day cruise is $612.xx per person + 18% grats).

Actually, the value "up to $1888" is (and I am assuming) what NCL estimates the package to be worth but the actual cost (at least in CDN on a 7 day cruise is $612.xx per person + 18% grats).

No actually it is what the UBP would cost for 16 days for two people (at the previous rate of $59/day). They haven't updated it to say value up to $2048.