Laundry facilities on Encore

MomC

Could someone please tell me about the laundry on Encore? Where are they located and how many machines? I know they have always been on one lower deck with a bank of washers and dryers on eat side of the hall in the past. Just wondered if the new ship has the same design or a new one.

No laundry??? I am currently sailing on the "most luxurious ship ever built" Regent Explorer and they have 3 washers and 3 dryers per deck--continually busy.

I hope you are joking. The deck plans show no laundry facilities so that's why I asked. I like to do some personal laundry--workout clothes and things that can't be dried. Please let me know if there are truly no laundry facilities. I am such a devoted Seabourn fan and this is only my second time on Regent. There is much to love here! Never thought laundry facilities would be on that list!😯

We have an 18 day cruise from Dubai to Athens booked in April and I know that I will want to do some laundry--esp. with 6 sea days!

No joke. No laundry on Encore. Truly baffling design oversight or incompetence. I think we're expected to pay for the ships laundry service which will quickly become overwhelmed knowing how many pax prefer to do their own laundry.

I've said elsewhere that I'm happy to handwash my things in the bathtub or sink and then hang them wherever I can to dry. An expensive suite always looks so lovely with wet clothes draped everywhere. I'm not risking having them boiled and shrunk in the main laundry. With no ironing facilities either I'm planning to take a highly "illegal" travel iron on my Sydney-Singapore trip in March.

Get your act together Seabourn.

I understand there are no laundry facilities on Encore. I feel your pain. Although we have free laundry, some items require special care and can't be put in drier or even dry cleaned (Lululemon, as one example). So we will need to hand wash. Or bring lots and lots of extras. So for those who pay, or those of us who have the perk of free laundry, we still need the laundry facility. I would even pay to be able to launder my own special care garments.

Sent telepathically.

This is clearly such a big deal that at our recent Club Party here on the Quest the SB sales rep said they were looking into a retrofit of the Encore to add those facilities. So clearly it is a big enough deal and enough people have complained that corporate has listened and is trying to get ahead of the issue. For me it is a no issue as like others we have free laundry and any small personal items I just rinse out in the sink in our bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is clearly such a big deal that at our recent Club Party here on the Quest the SB sales rep said they were looking into a retrofit of the Encore to add those facilities. So clearly it is a big enough deal and enough people have complained that corporate has listened and is trying to get ahead of the issue. For me it is a non issue as like others we have free laundry and any small personal items I just rinse out in the sink in our bathroom.

It was not design error. It was intentional and well discussed prior to design phase. Having four washer/dryers on the other ships to serve 450+ people is ridiculous and probably created more problems than the company cared to deal with in the future.

It was not design error. It was intentional and well discussed prior to design phase. Having four washer/dryers on the other ships to serve 450+ people is ridiculous and probably created more problems than the company cared to deal with in the future.

Then they should have put in four on each deck. Although I personally never use laundry facilities I can appreciate that there are those to whom it is important.

Whoever designed the ship took the wrong approach to the matter. Clearly self-laundry facilities were popular with passengers, so the correct answer to the overcrowding issue was not to remove them but to increase the quantity. This makes me even more concerned about the culture and management of Seabourn. I fear it is changing from what many of us loved and admired

I don't especially enjoy doing laundry any time, let alone on vacation, but I'd at least like the option. Bad/expensive experiences in the past with damaged, delayed, lost items sent to the ship's laundry service make doing it myself preferable, especially since I try to keep luggage to a manageable size and weight.

I can't believe Seabourn didn't think this wouldn't become a real issue. It's not a deal breaker for us, but it definitely shows how out of touch the decision makers have become.

I have never been to Seabourn laundry and I guess I never will.

Life's too short to be doing laundry on vacation.

Good luck to those that feel the need to spend time in the laundry room

I have to agree I'm afraid and I'm a housewife[emoji137]I want to spend every moment enjoying my well earned holiday and pack / use pay laundry as needed. Must admit an iron and ironing board has made an appearance in a hotel room at times but as far as I'm aware any hotels I've stayed at don't have a self serve laundry anyway. I've only ever looked in one laundry room on a cruise ship out of curiosity and it appeared small, claustrophobic and busy to the point of why stress yourself out, I'd rather chat to fellow travelers in a much nicer spot.🥂[emoji4]

That ex6plains why Seabourn got rid of self- serve laundries on the Encore. Men took the decision.

That's debatable.

Note to Luxury. Have you noticed not everyone shares your thoughts, no matter how often you repeat?

Also, not everyone is on holiday while aboard. I know, it is shameful.

Makes sense. June would be when the ship ismin Europe again and sufficient engineers can join to do the work.

Hopefully some other needs - which apparently no one had considered during the planning years of this new build - will be addressed then.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Yes, we were advised last September while on Quest that laundry facilities were to be retrofitted given passenger feedback.

While I agree the laundry is not the place I'd like to be while on holidays - sometimes it's a necessity.

We receive free laundry, but I have so many pairs of trousers (white) that now have permanent grease marks on them as if caught under machinery, shrunk (boiled!) blouses and sweaters, and clothes that were laundered not dry cleaned as per the form request, that I do take care what goes in the bag. Usually it's hubbies long sleeve dress shirts etc. Even then they need a further touch up with an iron before they are suitable to be worn. We are on hols, but don't like wearing something that looks slept in!

The comment about location is certainly important. We have sailed Azamara and the laundry is located amid cabins and unlocked at 7:30am. So you can imagine the cabins around have to put up with banging doors, noise from chatter inside, queues outside prior to "opening" with chatter on the line and passing passengers engaging quite loudly in banter. For those on the line, you have the joy of listening in to the ablutions noise from the nearby cabins...charming! I will add this was a 35 day cruise. I'm sure there is less drama on shorter trips.

We certainly won't book Encore unless there is laundry as we don't travel under 21 days and will be choosing our cabin location carefully if they do install one.