Superbowl?

FredT

Well, While we are not fanatical, both my wife and I enjoy a good football game... AND "our" team stands a good chance of making the Superbowl this year...

So I have to ask. "Any chance of this game being played anywhere on the Royal Clipper on February 5"? (Port of call is "The best of the Grenadines")

If not, a small price to pay for the trip... but if so it would certainly be the icing on the cake! :D

I've been on NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity during playoffs and super bowl and always the game was shown on the ship, I think one time it was even on the room TV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, trust me JayJay, I have watched MANY a superbowl on cruise liners over the years (Jan to Feb the only months we can cruise due to work)

What I DONT know is if Star Clippers have TV for this sort of event.....

Hate to burst your bubble, but Best of the Grenadines will probably be a beach with perhaps a beach bar,,,, if big beach and a big beach bar you might get some super bowl viewing, but I would not assume the ship will show the super bowl, based on many previous Star Clipper sails. They have TVs in the cabins but they normally show ship videos, movies and perhaps an odd channel or two based on location, but the ships are not geared towards viewing big US sporting events. Hope you get a good Pain Killer or 2 at the beach bar though and enjoy that sail!!

• 3 weeks later...

Post script...

Yes we did see the Superbowl. Star Clippers went WAY out of their way to get the channel, and about 30 of us gathered in the library to watch the game while under full sail in the Grenadines... A magical night.