Weather in Key West!

EmieT

Leaving on a cruise next Sunday from Galveston to Key West then Bahamas. I have heard the last cruise there was really cool. We have only cruised to the carribean and it gets warm on the second day out. Do we need to take some warmer clothes just in case?? Thanks!!

Leaving on a cruise next Sunday from Galveston to Key West then Bahamas. I have heard the last cruise there was really cool. We have only cruised to the carribean and it gets warm on the second day out. Do we need to take some warmer clothes just in case?? Thanks!!

I'd bring a light jacket because sometimes the MDR is cold, but you should be fine in Key West! :)

Was just in Key West last Saturday, weather was a sunny, 80 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Monday 27th high is predicted to be 76 and Tuesday 28th high will be 78.

Mike

• 4 months later...

How storm prone is Key West?

We are looking forward to visiting for the first time in August next year. I was a little surprised to read on the Celebrity board of a Celebrity ship which could not sail away on schedule due to bad weather. Of course must be safety first but I would be disappointed to miss the port...

It's the Florida Keys (I grew up in Miami), it can rain one minute and the next the sun is shining. We also get storms or even just weather not considered a storm and it rain for days. I'd keep an eye on the Weather Channel, but don't obsess about it. August in Florida is hot, you can probably rule out cold weather : )

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How storm prone is Key West?

We are looking forward to visiting for the first time in August next year. I was a little surprised to read on the Celebrity board of a Celebrity ship which could not sail away on schedule due to bad weather. Of course must be safety first but I would be disappointed to miss the port...

The Keys are no more "storm prone" than anywhere else in Florida. It might rain or storm, it might not:p It's not really something to worry about at all. As for that ship that couldn't leave on schedule - very rare.

August is hurricane season. You never know, but some of Florida's worst hurricanes have swept through in August.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hurricane season runs from June1 thru November 30th - half the year. It peaks statistically in late August thru September. Just make sure you have travel insurance and you should be fine

• 3 weeks later...