Transportation to ports in CR and Panama

mlmdaisy

I want to explore making my own arrangements to get to and from our ship (Windstar) for a December cruise. Can anyone recommend a service from Panama City to Colon? How about from San Jose CR to Puerto Caldera? Thanks!

Been too long since I have used anyone particular that I really could make any recommendation for Panama and I have not had any experience of the sort in Costa Rica.

If you are wanting transportation from the airport (Tocumen) to Colon you should be able to arrange it right there. Or if you are leaving from a hotel in Panama City, they could help arrange it.

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on Wind Star through the Panama Canal a few years back. It was a glorious sailing!! Being on WS going through the canal was so amazing; we constantly went from one end of the ship to the other throughout the crossing. You will love it!

We flew in early to Panama City and stayed at Las Clementinas prior to our cruise. When it was time to travel to Colon we asked the folks there to help us arrange a car and driver to take the four of us to Colon. They found us the most wonderful guide who had worked for the US government and the canal and provided insight and history throughout our drive. Unfortunately I can't locate his information but I would ask where you are staying if they have someone to recommend. If not, call Las Clementinas and ask them.

The Panama Canal was on my bucket list and traveling on Wind Star made it extra special!! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the vote of confidence. We were on the Windstar last December for a Caribbean itinerary and, yes, it is wonderful! I have arranged a taxi from our hotel in Panama City to to port there but am still working on a transport from Puerto Caldera in Costa Rica. Anyone?

At the end of our WInd Star cruise in CR we walked off and there were taxis waiting to take you wherever you wanted to go. We just hopped in the cab and off we went to the airport.

• 2 weeks later...

We docked at Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica and flew home from San Jose. We had our two college sons with us so the taxi was for the four of us. I don't remember how much the taxi was but I'm thinking it was somewhere between $125 - $200. The traffic opposite us was pretty bad but we made it in less than 2 hours. We were literally the last people off the ship but the taxis were waiting right there. We negotiated the price before getting in and off we went.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums