Newbies to Seabourn

rallydave

Our final payment was this past Saturday and today completed our registration and got all check marks. Downloaded preliminary final documents and see E Pass is available and a single page while Documents are a whopping 68 pages. Also saw in documents embarkation in Miami is at 2PM

Questions

Do we need to print final documents when available or a particular page or is e-pass all we need with documents available on laptop we are taking?

Will be flying to Miami day before cruise and renting a car. Needs to be returned by about 11:30 at MIA. Was planning on dropping off DW and luggage around 11 AM at the Port, driving out to MIA to return car and Uber back to Port. 2 PM sounds awful late to start embarkation. Will we be able to board before noon when I expect to meed DW at the terminal or what is usual boarding times.

Thanks,

I've only ever printed the EPass - 1 sheet of paper - and never been asked for it anyway! I don't know about any other docs and wouldn't have them with me.

We always board early if we can, usually one of the first, about 12 noon.

I certainly hope you enjoy your Seabourn experience. We have booked our 14th Seabourn cruise for next February so, obviously, we like it. We did cruise with Regent once and it was pretty good. But there is something about the way Seabourn interacts with guests that just works for us and which was different on Regent.

In the luxury market, all the players have a subtly different product. I hope the Seabourn one is to your liking and that you have a great cruise.

rallydave - we have in the past done quite a few Regent cruises, recently many on Seabourn. We did try Regent again last year, but do find that the 'ethos' of both the cruise line and the people who report on CC is not to our taste. I think you will like the more laid back aspect of both Seabourn and its passengers and Cruise Critic reporters.

rallydave - we have in the past done quite a few Regent cruises, recently many on Seabourn. We did try Regent again last year, but do find that the 'ethos' of both the cruise line and the people who report on CC is not to our taste. I think you will like the more laid back aspect of both Seabourn and its passengers and Cruise Critic reporters.

Thanks lincslady, have enjoyed your posts and since we booked Seabourn over a year ago we have been quite pleased with the vibe on CC as well as the customer service which has been excellent.with prompt and accurate responses compared to what we endured with Regent. Also the website has mostly been free of the glitches we used to endure. Have no doubt we will greatly enjoy our 45 day experience.

Thanks again,

We have been asked a the port gate in several countries for our cruise ticket to prove which ship we are on so I always print out the epass even though Seabourn no longer ask for it.

Your cruisecard shows the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bring your e-ticket print to port gates for embarkation so you can gain entry. Of course later you will have those cruise cards for the ports of call. The cards are handed to you when you register at embarkation.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Will be flying to Miami day before cruise and renting a car. Needs to be returned by about 11:30 at MIA. Was planning on dropping off DW and luggage around 11 AM at the Port, driving out to MIA to return car and Uber back to Port. 2 PM sounds awful late to start embarkation. Will we be able to board before noon when I expect to meed DW at the terminal or what is usual boarding times.

Thanks,

Given the Miami traffic, I doubt you be back at the port much before 12:30 pm. We have always been able to embark at this time although your cabin might not be ready for use.

Given the Miami traffic, I doubt you be back at the port much before 12:30 pm. We have always been able to embark at this time although your cabin might not be ready for use.

Thanks for the info. We embark on Sunday and that should help. Without a holdup in traffic should be 15 minutes each way. Have doubled that in my estimate. If it takes until 12:30, so be it. We will be on board 45 days so a drop in the bucket. Respect your thoughts and hopefully I am correct. Time will tell but, in any case, with my plan, we will be on board when Quest leaves. We do live in the 4th biggest city in the US so understand traffic.

Thanks for your insight,

Thanks for the info. We embark on Sunday and that should help. Without a holdup in traffic should be 15 minutes each way. Have doubled that in my estimate. If it takes until 12:30, so be it. We will be on board 45 days so a drop in the bucket. Respect your thoughts and hopefully I am correct. Time will tell but, in any case, with my plan, we will be on board when Quest leaves. We do live in the 4th biggest city in the US so understand traffic.

Thanks for your insight,

What a fantastic cruise; I envy you. I'm hoping to get to Antarctica myself next winter. If you like Italian food, far and away the best Italian food in Miami, if not in North America, is Il Gabbiano. A little pricey but the food and water view is well worth it.

As has been said already you will get a wallet containing luggage tags and all the stuff you need sent through a few weeks before you sail. Everyone can identify with that moment "the envelope" arrives 😊

Things are much more laid back and human on Seabourn. I remember our first ever cruise sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. Like you we had been staying a few days locally and so I dropped off the luggage at the pier prior to driving to the nearby rental car depot.

Having cruised out of Miami on large ships many times I was well prepared for the pushy porters hunting tips and the power crazed police who obviously get paid by the whistle blow. No sooner had I stepped out of the car at Fort Lauderdale when a police officer comes wandering over. Here we go I thought to myself, "it's ok we're just dropping off our luggage then heading straight off."

"That's fine" he said "I was just going to say if you want to park alongside the kerb there's no chance of a coach clipping the back of your car. Take as much time as need". That pretty much summed things up for the next 2 weeks. Every time you prepared yourself for the usual battle with someone in a uniform the wind was knocked out of your sails with a simple yes 😊

Obviously Seabourn are in the hands of the land side agents but they do what they can. Similarly there will be the occasional ship inspection which can delay boarding but generally they have you on board and in the Colonnade or by the pool as soon as possible. Suites will be available when ready, often around 1.30-2.00pm.

Henry :)

On our very first Seabourn cruise, leaving out of Athens, we were halfway across the Atlantic when I realized that I had left the cruise documents at home. Not a problem for Seabourn. They checked our names on the list and we were whisked aboard to registration which was completed with the assistance of a glass of champagne.

• 4 weeks later...

I am cruising on Seabourn the first week of Sept. But as of today, all I have received are luggage tags in an letter envelope. I received one set from Seabourn and a duplicate set from my TA. I was expecting a larger package of documents, but perhaps they come a bit later? Or is it all online and if you want a copy, you must print it yourself? This is our first Seabourn cruise, so I am devouring as much of this board as I possibly can. Thank you to all of you who contribute your knowledge and experiences. Cheers!

I am cruising on Seabourn the first week of Sept. But as of today, all I have received are luggage tags in an letter envelope. I received one set from Seabourn and a duplicate set from my TA. I was expecting a larger package of documents, but perhaps they come a bit later? Or is it all online and if you want a copy, you must print it yourself? This is our first Seabourn cruise, so I am devouring as much of this board as I possibly can. Thank you to all of you who contribute your knowledge and experiences. Cheers!

AbsolutSkyyBeech did you notice this on top of the page?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=983252

You should have time for someone in America to organize one for you

I have one but probably too late for you

I am cruising on Seabourn the first week of Sept. But as of today, all I have received are luggage tags in an letter envelope. I received one set from Seabourn and a duplicate set from my TA...
Hi there. In addition to luggage tags, you should have received a final cruise documentation folder with info about your voyage. The usual stuff with details on embarkation port, formal nites and any OBC on your file.

But the good news is you still have time to get a $400 referral credit as a 1st timer on Seabourn!

Email me at mighty dot quinn at ymail dot com and I'll make it happen ASAP. We sail on Odyssey in the second week of September so it will work perfectly for both of us. Time is of the essence.

Thank you TheCat123 for mentioning it. Being new to SB and to this forum, I learned of the referral coupons *after* i submitted final payment. I booked very late and final payment was due immediately. Very disappointed that my travel agent didn't mention it to me, but ..c'est la vie.. Something tells me this forum will be more helpful in my future cruising and I'm glad to have found it!