question about getting drunk onboard

az-cruiser

Okay, i have cruised with NCL many times. I always have a few drinks, even without the UBP. Heres my question, it doesnt seem to matter how many drinks I have, I can never get a buzz. Then I see drunk people all over the boat and I have to wonder, what the heck i'm doing wrong? On land, its 2 drinks and i'm feeling good! Onboard, I usually order things like a non frozen margarita, vodka and tonic, BBC...and always ask for a shot with each drink, which I taste and pour in just to make sure its alcohol..which it sure tastes like it is!

Please help me, just for once, I want to be one of those drunk people on the ship! lol!:rolleyes:

find a fave bartender, and get to knwo them an slip them some cash early on. you'll always get a nice strong pour.

we also avoid any drinks with mixers - mostly for calories, but often teh are all mixer and no booze.

it takes me 5 or 6 to get drunk but im a booozebag.

This thread cracked me up. But I've definitely noticed what you're talking about.

I do think the comment suggesting you eat less is probably the most apt. Every cruise it's the same: I always get the most buzzed the first afternoon, before I've had time to consume my own body weight in tasty treats. I do think, too, that if you really want a good buzz, have a few drinks in rapid succession. I find that I tend to have a good number of drinks during a day on a cruise, but they're often spread out over a number of hours. I'm rarely just sitting and knocking back 3 or 4 drinks in an hour, which is something you might do at a bar or party back home.

Fun thread.

Yea find a good bartender 1st thing. Let em know you like em strong! I like Baybreezes. I order absolute on rocks with a splash of pineapple and cranberry. They figure out quick you like it strong.

I don't have a big breakfast so a couple of cocktails before lunch should do the trick:-)

Happy cruising

Kerri

My last cruise I had UBP and the first day/night participated in a bar crawl and then drinks everywhere I went. Then I encountered a group who were doing shots of Fireball and did a bunch of those. No idea how I didn't die! But nope I was not drunk and had no hangover. I think it's the sea air combined with activity because if I have 4 vodka sodas on land I want to die the next day.

Find Rudy (he used to be on the Sky) and ask for his speciality - the Tokyo Drift. Hubby doesn't remember coming back to the cabin that night.

Also The Chocolate Cowboy on the Escape can hook you up !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums