Icymi

Thanks, Kwaj girl. I assume the new cruises were posted by mistake and will show up officially in the near future.

Boy, I sure hope so - we have one booked in '18 that we need to reschedule and we need some choices soon. :D

Bill,

Perhaps you can remember but I seem to recall that Jason Montague said during the Town Hall meeting on our April cruise that the new schedules would be published in August. Sounds like they are getting ready for this :D

(Mind you he also announced that the new website would be launched by the end of June :rolleyes:)

Bill,

Perhaps you can remember but I seem to recall that Jason Montague said during the Town Hall meeting on our April cruise that the new schedules would be published in August. Sounds like they are getting ready for this :D

(Mind you he also announced that the new website would be launched by the end of June :rolleyes:)

Flossie - I remember him mentioning it but I wasn't 100% certain of the month - August sounds familiar, but I can't be sure. And yes, I also remember him saying they were ready to launch the new website. Being in IT myself, I just chuckled - I knew THAT wasn't happening on time.

Flossie - I remember him mentioning it but I wasn't 100% certain of the month - August sounds familiar, but I can't be sure. And yes, I also remember him saying they were ready to launch the new website. Being in IT myself, I just chuckled - I knew THAT wasn't happening on time.

Do "new websites" ever make it on time? IMO, this isn't a big deal as I'd rather it be right than on time. I assume that the Regent website is quite complicated with hundreds of itineraries, thousands of excursions that change frequently.

In terms of when new 2019 itineraries will be out, if anyone is that anxious, all you have to do is contact your TA. They are almost always on top of it.

In terms of when new 2019 itineraries will be out, if anyone is that anxious, all you have to do is contact your TA. They are almost always on top of it.

Our TA says that the rest of 2019 should be out in late October or early November. That may or may not be in time for us to book onboard our 10/8 to 10/27 Venice to Athens to Rome cruise on the Voyager. Joe

Do "new websites" ever make it on time? IMO, this isn't a big deal as I'd rather it be right than on time. I assume that the Regent website is quite complicated with hundreds of itineraries, thousands of excursions that change frequently.

TC, I'd agree with that...if the current website was right. But it's not. And yes, I know it's tough to keep that all in sync, and have everything updated. But Regent is causing some of their own problems by not having a 'Contact the Webmaster' button - I know quite a few of us here have found issues and there's just no easy way to report them. If I was running that site, I'd sure as hell want user feedback - after all, the users are the ones that are digging deep into the site every hour of every day...

And again, this goes back to "don't promise it if you can't deliver". If Jason hadn't mentioned a new website coming this summer, no one would be waiting for it. But he did. That's on him, honestly.

Bill, good points. As you may (or may not) recall - depending upon how much you were involved with CC's new website, they had a thread (still do) to report issues. Their computer guru was able to respond and interact with posters. If Regent isn't willing to have a method to report issues, maybe CC would permit a sticky for the Regent board that Mike Moore could check (instead of having to look through threads to find comments about their website).

I found the CC thread extremely interesting (as well as frustrating) when the new website was rolled out. Posters were saying that they would not come back to CC unless they were able to keep the old format (where else would they go?). Then there were comments that the screen was too white or too bright, etc. As expected, after a couple of months, posters became used to the new format and are no longer ranting and threatening.

In terms of Jason Montague, perhaps he should not hold Town Hall Meetings if people are going to bash him if what he believes will happen is delayed. IMO, he is being as honest as he can be at the time but has no control over unexpected issues (not accusing you of bashing him).

In terms of Jason Montague, perhaps he should not hold Town Hall Meetings if people are going to bash him if what he believes will happen is delayed. IMO, he is being as honest as he can be at the time but has no control over unexpected issues (not accusing you of bashing him).

No, don't say that - I love the Town Hall meetings - and truth be told, I honestly can't remember if he said they were going to deploy the new site on a certain date or if they 'hoped' to roll it out. I'm less concerned about the website launch date than I am about not having a way to provide feedback - I've seen dozens of discrepancies (wrong port information, wrong maps on itinerary pages, typos, etc.) that would be an easy fix if they were aware of it - but frankly, without an easy method to report it I just let it go...

Well, that would clearly be a major delay as Jason said August and I thought I'd read this elsewhere more recently as specifically the 1st. I even have it marked on my calendar...not something I do unless the source seems reliable.

This may be more of a personal thing, but we plan our travel way out. Regent's (and other travel companies that we like) inability to announce plans more than 18-24 months out is a pain for us as we may end up committing to other trips when we get tired of waiting.

Well, that would clearly be a major delay as Jason said August and I thought I'd read this elsewhere more recently as specifically the 1st. I even have it marked on my calendar...not something I do unless the source seems reliable.

This may be more of a personal thing, but we plan our travel way out. Regent's (and other travel companies that we like) inability to announce plans more than 18-24 months out is a pain for us as we may end up committing to other trips when we get tired of waiting.

Agree. We are booked out to February, 2019 and want to make a booking for October, 2019 as it will be our 40th anniversary. I was quite surprised by the response that I received from our TA. While they are usually right, crossing my fingers that this was a mistake on their part.

I could be wrong but don't itineraries generally come out in October? August does sound unusual.

I can't imagine that Regent would spend a fortune mailing that heavy brochure if they were going to turn around and issue 10 more months of schedules in a month. With the demise of Sears catalogs, I am sure glad that Regent keeps sending these thick brochures.

Marc

Portolan you are correct with the August 1 date. We were also given that date by Gundren, the cruise consultant, during our March Explorer cruise.

We got the big book...actually 2😳, but no enticement. We already have cruise booked for 10/18, and another recurring noncruise trip for 2/19. About to get on cruise in a couple of weeks. . So only going through 4/19 was not helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
According to a Regent UK email flier received this morning:

2019-2020 itineraries are to be released on 11 August, for booking from 16 August

Flossie won the pool! Not sure about the UK, but the US site now has itineraries through June 2020!