Viking Liquor Policy

sabrefan

Just booked our first Viking cruise . We have a deluxe verandah cabin. So we have a mini fridge and we can get wine and beer with lunch and dinner. Can I bring a bottle of liquor and or wine on board in my carry on luggage?

Yes, you can bring wine and liqour on board on embarkcation and at any port of call. They treat you like an adult. Aslo no corkage fee if you bring a great bottle of wine to dinner.

I plan to buy a nice bottle of Cava when we get to a port in Spain to drink on our balcony at sailaway.

Yes, you can bring wine and liquor on board on embarkation and at any port of call. They treat you like an adult. Aslo no corkage fee if you bring a great bottle of wine to dinner.

I plan to buy a nice bottle of Cava when we get to a port in Spain to drink on our balcony at sailaway.

AND, you are not limited drinking your private stock in your cabin. Your steward will keep you supplied with glasses, if you ask. You may drink your own supply anywhere on the ship without having to hide it in a sippy cup. Viking treats you like an adult.

Azulann, you're getting cava; I'm getting a bottle of sherry to sip at tea-time--well not sherry exactly but a variation of it called "manzanilla."

• 2 weeks later...

You don't say which cruise, but if your itinerary includes Tallinn, Estonia, be sure to buy one or more bottles of Vana Tallinn. It's very hard to find in the U.S. It's a delicious, dark liqueur with a hint of licorice, made only in Tallinn. It's sold in three strengths: 40% (80 proof), 45% (90 proof) and 50% (100 proof). We bought the 45%, and it's plenty strong. You can buy it in the town, but the little bazaar by the dock has it, and slightly cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what kind of wine to look for in Croatia? I prefer red but I'll also try some whites.

We have tried several Croatian wines, all of them red and all decent. But there is on way I can pronounce or spell the names of the producers or the indigenous grapes they use. If you are planning a shore excursion in Croatia, we can recommend Ante Batarelo http://www.privateguidesincroatia.com/. We had a great excursion including a trip into the hinterlands, winery visit, and a great lunch.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=53891456

Thank you BCirish for the information on the tour guide. He sounds wonderful but we already have our tours booked. We'll be taking a tour in the morning when we're in Dubrovnik and then we have the afternoon and evening to explore. I wanted to try some of the local wines while we're there. Hanks, Pat