NCL shore excursion

klo0315

Husband and I and our 2 girls (9 and 11) are traveling to Bermuda soon. We have a $50 shore excursion credit. We are trying to decide if we should use it or not. For those that have been there, would you recommend a particular shore excursion that NCL offers? I know many people just like to explore Bermuda on their own and book excursions through outside companies.

Thanks in advance

I would suggest you posting this question to the NCL board. Here are the excursions that are available to you: Link

Funny, I posted it there and got suggestions to post here. I'm looking for personal experience. I know what excursions are available to us. We are trying to determine if any are worth using the credit (and obviously our own $ to pay difference)

Funny, I posted it there and got suggestions to post here. I'm looking for personal experience. I know what excursions are available to us. We are trying to determine if any are worth using the credit (and obviously our own $ to pay difference)

This is a good place to ask but I think you should ask about specific excursions that you are interested in. With a lot of excursions if you use the $50 credit the total cost for your family, as you are a family of four could cost more than doing it independently so it wouldn't be worth it to use OBC for an excursion. Also do you know whether they credit your account or you have to use it on an excursion. Who does the credit come from, a TA or the cruise line? I have received $50 credits for excursions and specialty restaurants but didn't have to actually use it for those as it was put on my onboard account as credit.

Take a look at the prices at the Island Tour Centre and compare to the NCL price. https://www.islandtourcentre.com/ The tours at the tour center are pretty much the same as NCL offers and are from the tour companies NCL uses. Also notice the Horseshoe Bay transfer. They charge $29 each. On your own you can go for $14 each. So $116 minus 50 equals $66. On your own $56. And on your own you can leave when you want to. So it's hard to see where your credit would be worth it for an excursion.

Edited by Charles4515

The one time we had shore excursion credit from NCL my wife used it for her transportation to Horseshoe Bay Beach. NCL's excursion price is far higher than taking the private mini buses that provide shuttle service between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay ($7 per person in each direction) but by using the NCL excursion it didn't cost her anything. I took the private shuttle for $14 round trip at the same time and we met at the beach.

The one time we had shore excursion credit from NCL my wife used it for her transportation to Horseshoe Bay Beach. NCL's excursion price is far higher than taking the private mini buses that provide shuttle service between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay ($7 per person in each direction) but by using the NCL excursion it didn't cost her anything. I took the private shuttle for $14 round trip at the same time and we met at the beach.

That was good thinking. If one person does not mind going separately that does work out.

I'm not sure what Ncl offers because I've only sailed celebrity to Bermuda. However, on our last cruise there we did the glass bottom boat and really enjoyed it, I think there may be one that includes snorkeling.

But as the pp stated it would be good to compare prices of booking on your own. unless it's the last day I always like the peace of mind of booking through the ship so I know it won't leave with out us. I'd pay a little extra for that guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums