Met Under the Stars enrichment

Azulann

Has any Viking cruisers experinced this venue on the pool deck?

From my MVJ:

"This Privileged Access experience combines star gazing with a classic opera performance. Listen to the triumphant sounds through your individual Bose® headsets. Go beyond an ordinary visit to the opera and watch backstage interviews with the performers, costume and set changes, and technical details."

Sounds wonderful for a seaday evening on my upcoming Viking Cruise in March.

I've watched a movie there. They provided a bag of popcorn and the bartender came round to take my wine order. Headset was on the chair. Wasn't billed as a privileged access thing at all. Just appear at the time given in the Daily and et voila!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've watched a movie there. They provided a bag of popcorn and the bartender came round to take my wine order. Headset was on the chair. Wasn't billed as a privileged access thing at all. Just appear at the time given in the Daily and et voila!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just went back through the dailies from our NYE cruise and our Midnight Sun. The MET under the stars was listed as a movie night, just like any other night--and it was La boheme on both sailings.

For as long as I can remember, the MET has broadcast its Saturday matinees live. First on radio and TV and now these days, live in HD to local movie theaters. The broadcasts include interviews with cast members between the acts and the camera also spends time broadcasting the change of scenery (which is fascinating because there is so much work involved and the MET sets are always sumptuous). I am assuming that Viking has been given --or even paid for-- permission to play one of the prior season's productions of La boheme on the ship. I'm also assuming that they are playing it up as a Privileged Access thing because most other cruise lines don't offer it.

I just went back through the dailies from our NYE cruise and our Midnight Sun. The MET under the stars was listed as a movie night, just like any other night--and it was La boheme on both sailings.

For as long as I can remember, the MET has broadcast its Saturday matinees live. First on radio and TV and now these days, live in HD to local movie theaters. The broadcasts include interviews with cast members between the acts and the camera also spends time broadcasting the change of scenery (which is fascinating because there is so much work involved and the MET sets are always sumptuous). I am assuming that Viking has been given --or even paid for-- permission to play one of the prior season's productions of La boheme on the ship. I'm also assuming that they are playing it up as a Privileged Access thing because most other cruise lines don't offer it.

And by being a Viking passenger you are ipso facto a person with ta da! (drum roll please) Privikeged Access! O frabulous joy! [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is great that they can broadcast these operas on the Viking ships, just like they do in movie theaters. With six sea days in a row on my TA, I hope to have this" privileged access" :cool: on our sailing.

It is great that they can broadcast these operas on the Viking ships, just like they do in movie theaters. With six sea days in a row on my TA, I hope to have this" privileged access" :cool: on our sailing.

From what I can tell from my two sailings on the same ship 6 months apart, they have one opera to show. I'm hoping others will go back and check their dailies and tell is what was shown when they sailed.