New to Costa - advice appreciated

basor

We have booked a Grand Suite on the Costa Fascinosa departing from Buenos Aires on the 29JAN 2018 traveling roundtrip to Brazil and Uruguay. We are taking our 11 and 13 year grandchildren.

Any recommendations on which dining room and level is best to request? Any and all advice and suggestions to make sure we enjoy all suite amenities, teenager activities and special things on Costa would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Barbara

As a suite passenger, you will dine in an upscale dining room with great service. Dinner is Italian style, there will be a separate, very good, pasta course for example.

It looks like you've previously cruised with some of the very expensive American Cruise lines, to be fair you can't expect the same atmosphere and overall service level.

Nice things about Costa: the overall fun, Italian atmosphere. Lots of dancing, and many passengers who are really good dancers! And excellent fresh Illy espresso at every bar.

As said above you have a choice of dinning rooms, either the Club restaurant or Samsara if club is still shut for refurb.. You can also choose to eat in club during the day & main dinning room at night seated with other English speakers Just ask your Butler or Maître D. You can also eat in the suite if desired. My recommended eatery is defiantly the club, although we do like joining others in MDR at night on long cruises over 7 days.

As suite guests you will have the top all inclusive drinks package which includes all soft drinks & non alcoholic cocktails. & any choice of items in your mini-bar.

The children's club Squok is very good and will cater for English based on ages, they also have some special lunches & dinners for children, although I suspect on your cruise not many will be on board.

Look for the free laundry bag towards end of cruise all items cleaned & pressed ready for packing. There is/was a coffee machine (ille) in your cabin. Choice of pillows etc;

Best bar for English speakers is the piano/wine bar starboard side aft.

Thank you very much for such good advice! We are looking forward to a fun time with our grandchildren and, for us, anytime you are on a cruise is the best. A cruise is what you make it.

Any advice on which MDR to choose and whether to ask for "lower" or "upper" section on this particular ship?

Also is there a "barista" area where they serve fresh brewed coffee, espresso and other coffee drinks?

As a suite passenger, you will get your own special "Club" dining room, not the standard MDR.

On Costa the barista area is every bar. Each bar has an espresso machine and they use fresh ground Illy coffee. If you don't want an Espresso drink, ask for an Americano.

If you do decide to eat in the MDR during the evening then it just depends on table size and availability of other English speakers.

Both upper and lower have there merits, we prefer upper but close to the balcony to watch show on Italian night.

Wine bar mentioned above also does coffees, there is also a chocolate bar mid-ships very suitable for children (?)

Hi Basor

If you are interested ,I did a review of our cruise on the Fascinosa. We had an upgrade to a suite, not a grand suite though.

I have no idea how do do a link and thanks to photobucket all my photos are gone.

The thread is: The sweet suite life on the Costa Fascinosa November 2016. So different ports but some info about the ship and suite.

You will be in the club restaurant and when we cruised the service there was great. There is a bar in the back of the restaurant if I remember correctly and we had some lovely wines. The food is the same as the MDR but the every day choices are slightly different.

Have a good cruise.

Alicat