How to get to the Ferry Station in SF

My girlfriend and I will be in SF on Sept. 18th and would like to take a ferry to Sausalito. I believe we dock at Pier 27. Would we be able to walk that distance, or do we need to explore alternate transportation. If it's too far to walk, any suggestions on how to get to the ferry building?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. I have never been able to see distances/scale on Google maps

Exactly where the scale is displayed may vary by the system/OS you're viewing it on, but it's always hanging around near one edge in a corner. If you put in start/end points it's impossible not to see a clearly-displayed total distance for all route options - and if you select Details for a route you even get how long each leg is before turns/changes of road etc. Since you're on an iPad you could try Apple Maps, which seem to have fixed the more egregious errors from their time of launch, and also Bing - you may find one interface just 'clicks' with you more than others, and they all have their strengths & weaknesses.

My girlfriend and I will be in SF on Sept. 18th and would like to take a ferry to Sausalito. I believe we dock at Pier 27. Would we be able to walk that distance, or do we need to explore alternate transportation. If it's too far to walk, any suggestions on how to get to the ferry building?

It's one mile, an easy 20 minute walk to the Ferry Building at the foot of market street

or catch the street car ($2.75) on the Embarcadero -10 minutes

It's one mile, an easy 20 minute walk to the Ferry Building at the foot of market street

or catch the street car ($2.75) on the Embarcadero -10 minutes

Appreciate the response. With only a ten minute difference between street car and walking, I think I'll walk. Thanks again.