Favorite Cocktails on Regent (or other cruise lines)

Travelcat2

The "gin" thread is very popular but some of us like cocktails with other spirits as well. Perhaps some of you will share the recipes for your favorite drinks. I'll start....

Mexican Butterfly (on Regent's menu) -- had to convert "ml" to ounces so the measurements sound a bit strange -- I'd likely round up:

1.6 ounces of Tequila (I ask for Don Julio or Patron)

.84 ounces of Elderflower Cordial

2 tsp. Agave Nector

6 Mint Leaves

Muddle with ice - strain into martini glass

Hope this will be a fun and lighthearted thread:D

OK, I am game. We call it "Cures What Ails You"...prescribed by my bone doc some 30+ years ago...good for back pain he said!

Fill a small shaker with small ice cubes add:

2 oz tequila

2 oz triple sec

1 oz Key lime juice

Shake for a count of 30 or more, pour ice and all into tall glass, with salted rim if desired. Enjoy....you will feel better in a few minutes!

We had to tell the bar tender how to make it only once on our Circle SA cruise....great drink for hot weather cruising!

Sorry we don't like what we call fou fou drinks just give me Crown Royal on ice with club soda, wife gin on rocks a little dirty and we're happy!

When were very young we did love the pina coladas on the Boheme, commodore cruise line this was back in the 70's they were 50 cents. Interestingly the Boheme was purchased by the church of Scientology, they spent 165 million to refurbish it and it's now called freedom and for church members only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by goldenrod

Sorry we don't like what we call fou fou drinks just give me Crown Royal on ice with club soda, wife gin on rocks a little dirty and we're happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are not Gin drinkers, but Crown on the rocks, skip the club soda, is a favorite also!

The "gin" thread is very popular but some of us like cocktails with other spirits as well. Perhaps some of you will share the recipes for your favorite drinks. I'll start....

Mexican Butterfly (on Regent's menu) -- had to convert "ml" to ounces so the measurements sound a bit strange -- I'd likely round up:

1.6 ounces of Tequila (I ask for Don Julio or Patron)

.84 ounces of Elderflower Cordial

2 tsp. Agave Nector

6 Mint Leaves

Muddle with ice - strain into martini glass

Hope this will be a fun and lighthearted thread:D

That sounds yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I am game. We call it "Cures What Ails You"...prescribed by my bone doc some 30+ years ago...good for back pain he said!

Fill a small shaker with small ice cubes add:

2 oz tequila

2 oz triple sec

1 oz Key lime juice

Shake for a count of 30 or more, pour ice and all into tall glass, with salted rim if desired. Enjoy....you will feel better in a few minutes!

We had to tell the bar tender how to make it only once on our Circle SA cruise....great drink for hot weather cruising!

Sounds really good - especially for our Amazon cruise which will definitely be hot. I'm going to keep a list of drinks and will try as many as possible during our 25 day cruise.

I would lead off with a Cosmo made by Olga or an Amaretto Sour:

1,5 oz amaretto Disaronno

1 oz lemon juice

1 table spoons brown sugar

Shake with ice and pour into a martini glass.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my personal favorites:

1.5 oz single-malt scotch

1.0 oz additional single malt scotch

Combine all ingredients in a rock glass. Stirring is optional. Sip, enjoy.

All kidding aside, I may play with some cocktail recipes on this cruise, who knows? Maybe some Moscow Mules since we'll be in Russia?

My favourite cocktail is a Silversea signature, it's called the 'Silver Spirit'. It's a perfect hot weather drink, but it is rather potent and it is easy to overdo as it's so delicious! (I'm no longer a fan of SS but this cocktail is super).

Recipe taken from the SS website, link added below.

SILVER SPIRIT SIGNATURE COCKTAIL

2 oz Plymouth gin

2 oz St Germain elderflower liqueur

1.5 oz New Zealand sauvignon blanc

1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice cubes. Shake until very chilled; serve straight up in martini glass with wedge of lime.

http://www.silversea.com/blog/2010/05/classy-cocktails-and-theyre-included/

My favourite cocktail is a Silversea signature, it's called the 'Silver Spirit'. It's a perfect hot weather drink, but it is rather potent and it is easy to overdo as it's so delicious! (I'm no longer a fan of SS but this cocktail is super).

2 oz Plymouth gin

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice cubes. Shake until very chilled; serve straight up in martini glass with wedge of lime.

Shame they're not allowed to make those on Regent ships - the bartenders will get thrown overboard if they make another line's signature cocktail. ;p

2 oz Plymouth gin

http://www.silversea.com/blog/2010/05/classy-cocktails-and-theyre-included/

I have had that cocktail on Silversea and loved it. Thanks so much for the recipe!I I had forgotten that it has gin it in. Apparently this is one gin drink that I really like.

Bill: I'm going to order this onboard and not mention the "Silversea connection". Are you posting from the airport?

I have had that cocktail on Silversea and loved it. Thanks so much for the recipe!I I had forgotten that it has gin it in. Apparently this is one gin drink that I really like.

I'm not crazy about gin either. It's very fashionable here (U.K) at the moment and I can tolerate it but it would never be my drink of choice usually. But as you say, this is one gin drink that I really like.

Bill: I'm going to order this onboard and not mention the "Silversea connection". Are you posting from the airport?

I've already sent the recipe to my phone. Definitely worth trying. Might need to update my 'Pocket Bartender' apps on my phone and play a bit with my buddies the bartenders.

And no, not at the airport yet. Still in the office, have a car coming at 1:30 today (moved up to try and catch an earlier flight to EWR due to weather.)