Breakaway Room Service

mftinvermont

Hi Everyone

I'm sure this has been covered extensively somewhere, but I'd to find out about Room Service on the Breakaway, specifically breakfast since that's the only time we use it....coffee, muffins, danish, etc. Do they charge a fee for just coffee and assorted muffins or danish? or is there a added fee for this? We are sailing in October on Norwegian for the first time.

Thanks

Mike

on their website they state that 'continental breakfast' is not charged the fee. so for coffee and Danish, there's NO charge! I'm happy about that. I need my coffee!:)

just found this on ncl.com :

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 USD will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

Edited by lucyintheskywithdiamonds

on their website they state that 'continental breakfast' is not charged the fee. so for coffee and Danish, there's NO charge! I'm happy about that. I need my coffee!:)

just found this on ncl.com :

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 USD will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

I need my coffee as well!

Thanks for answering

Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently waiting to disembark on Breakaway...coffee, danish, cereal, milk...all still complimentary and part of the continental breakfast. You will not be charged the $7.95 room service fee. How do I know? I ordered it yesterday. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Currently waiting to disembark on Breakaway...coffee, danish, cereal, milk...all still complimentary and part of the continental breakfast. You will not be charged the $7.95 room service fee. How do I know? I ordered it yesterday. :)

Yes, I know all of this. My post was directed at BirdTravels who said "Best to just walk down and get coffee".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some, but we like coffee with muffins or danish and enjoy it on our balcony in the morning air.

Same. Even if it's just coffee (though I do like a muffin too)...DH and I enjoy the slow wake-up on the balcony watching the waves and quiet time together.

Thanks for the response

I am assuming that NCL provides the coffee for the coffee makers? If you wanted to bring extra to have on hand, would k cups work?

Balcony/minisuite has a single cup (not K-cup) coffee maker.

Suites have a Lavassa coffee maker.

I am assuming that NCL provides the coffee for the coffee makers? If you wanted to bring extra to have on hand, would k cups work?

The post you quoted clearly stated that NCL does not use k-cups. Your room steward will provide you extra supplies. Depending on ship, it is a small single servicing filer or a larger 4-cup filter.

Definitely not K-cups, in the Haven it's Lavazza pods. I heard that they may be switching to Nespresso. Either way, you don't need to bring extra. The room steward will happily provide you however many you would like.

• 4 weeks later...