Norwegian Cruise 2nd July 2018 transport from Anchorage to Seward

We are a party of 4 people who will be travelling from Anchorage to Seward to join the Norwegian Jewel on 2nd July 2018. We have been looking at transfer options and prefer a private operator who will stop on route for photographs and to admire the scenery. Most public transport options don't do this but private transport is expensive.

Someone on Trip Advisor recommended PJS Taxi. I have contacted them and they have a 15 seat vehicle. The trip will cost $400. We would be happy to share the transport with other cruise passengers and if any one is interested please let me know. We would prefer a minimum number of 6 people to join us if possible.

There is a subforum all about ALASKA that would help out.

Also, visit the ROLL CALL for your cruise to find others to share with. Since your cruise is so far in the future, you may not get many responses for awhile.

We are a party of 4 people who will be travelling from Anchorage to Seward to join the Norwegian Jewel on 2nd July 2018. We have been looking at transfer options and prefer a private operator who will stop on route for photographs and to admire the scenery. Most public transport options don't do this but private transport is expensive. Someone on Trip Advisor recommended PJS Taxi. I have contacted them and they have a 15 seat vehicle. The trip will cost $400. We would be happy to share the transport with other cruise passengers and if any one is interested please let me know. We would prefer a minimum number of 6 people to join us if possible.

Most folks take the scenic train. Pay for the seats upstairs.

I highly recommend that you consider the train. IMO it is a much more scenic journey than by car or bus, and is much more relaxed. (we have made the transfer both by car and train). NCL may offer transportation from Anchorage and it is usually by train. The train goes slow enough that you can get wonderful photos by going out on the platforms.

To give you an idea what you can see from the train this photo was taken from the train (this is the unedited version of the image, sorry that it is not completely level):

16421402411_70ff370dd3_z.jpg

Have you considered just renting a car? We were in Alaska this summer and rented a car in Seward, then spent a week in Homer and the Girdwood area before finally dropping the car off at the Anchorage airport. Hertz allows one way rentals from Seward to Anchorage, so I imagine they will allow them the other direction as well.

You cannot possibly get lost. Just head south! :-) It's a beautiful (and easy) drive and you can stop whenever you wish.

There is a subforum all about ALASKA that would help out.

Also, visit the ROLL CALL for your cruise to find others to share with. Since your cruise is so far in the future, you may not get many responses for awhile.

Thanks. I did try and find the roll call for the cruise but its not listed so I will have a look at the Alaska subform.

I highly recommend that you consider the train. IMO it is a much more scenic journey than by car or bus, and is much more relaxed. (we have made the transfer both by car and train). NCL may offer transportation from Anchorage and it is usually by train. The train goes slow enough that you can get wonderful photos by going out on the platforms.

To give you an idea what you can see from the train this photo was taken from the train (this is the unedited version of the image, sorry that it is not completely level):

16421402411_70ff370dd3_z.jpg

That looks amazing. We did consider the train but from the information we have seen there is only one train a day which departs 06:45am and this is a bit early for us.

Have you considered just renting a car? We were in Alaska this summer and rented a car in Seward, then spent a week in Homer and the Girdwood area before finally dropping the car off at the Anchorage airport. Hertz allows one way rentals from Seward to Anchorage, so I imagine they will allow them the other direction as well.

You cannot possibly get lost. Just head south! :-) It's a beautiful (and easy) drive and you can stop whenever you wish.

Yes we have looked at a car but the rental for one day, essentially a transfer to the port in Seward, is £422 which we feel is too much.