Juneau Car Rental

Dale's gal

Just wanted to say that we rented a car through Juneau Car Rental for our port stop on August 1st. Its right at the end of the dock where the NCL Pearl docked, so no far walking. Our car was a 2005 Malibu with 177K miles. It cost $67.85. We had no issues, it got us where we wanted to go, at our own pace and booking, pick up and return was simple. We brought our own GPS and headed to Mendenhall Glacier first. Took our time exploring. Then went to the Alaskan Brewery and the hatchery. What an amazing sight to see all the salmon spawning!

So I highly recommend Juneau Car Rental!

Thank you for posting this! That's exactly what we've decided to do in Juneau, so it's great to hear that you had a good experience with Juneau Car Rental. What is parking like at Mendenhall Glacier? I think from there we'll drive to Eagle Beach as well as the hatchery and brewery. Thanks again!

Do you recall the name of the dock that's near that Juneau Car Rental Office? When I look up the agency online, the only location it lists is the one near the airport. We are thinking of renting and just driving ourselves to whale watching and Mendenhall in hopes we will have time to see more stuff.

Juneau Car Rental is at the AJ dock - about a 15-20 minute walk from the other docks. There is someone at the AJ dock location only when there are cruisers in town to rent a car. The rest of the time they are at their airport location. I've been renting from them for years and have always had a positive experience.

Juneau Car Rental is at the AJ dock - about a 15-20 minute walk from the other docks. There is someone at the AJ dock location only when there are cruisers in town to rent a car. The rest of the time they are at their airport location. I've been renting from them for years and have always had a positive experience.

Thanks!!!

Thank you for posting this! That's exactly what we've decided to do in Juneau, so it's great to hear that you had a good experience with Juneau Car Rental. What is parking like at Mendenhall Glacier? I think from there we'll drive to Eagle Beach as well as the hatchery and brewery. Thanks again!

We've just returned from a 14 night back to back. On our first visit to Juneau we hired a car from Avis who have a pick up in the same area as Juneau Car rental.

Our ship docked in town and it was about a 20 min walk to the office to collect the car. We drove to Mendenhall Glacier and were able to park easily. The parking lot nearest the visitor centre is quite small but there is additional parking which you will come across first as you approach the visitors centre ( drive past the bus parking and overflow car park and see if you can park at the visitor centre first).

We also visited eagle beach which was about a 20 min drive from the glacier and visited St Theresa's shrine on the way back to Juneau.

Sent from my iPad using Forums