First time cruiser for next year

ram1876

Hey there, I'll be cruising for the first time next year on Carnival Ecstasy, so I just have a few questions, since the cruise lines themselves were a bit vague when I asked them about it.

So It'll be me and my wife with my brother and his wife and we'll be booking together for a connecting room. I do know that if one person gets the drink package, then everybody has to get it. The problem is that only me and brother's wife drinks, while my brother and my wife don't. So I'm wondering can only one room gets it the other don't have to get it? or is it like an additional card that they give you or is it attached to your sign in card? Cause if its the former, then we'll just set it up as me and my sister-in-law staying in one room, while the non drinkers stay in the other, so that we can only have to buy just for two people.

Or since we booked it as one big group, do everybody have to get it regardless.

2nd question is, when looking up shore excursions, I see that you have to pay to go on their little trail on Half Moon Cay. Do we really have to pay just to be able to walk, or is the payment of it includes the tour guide?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You could swap rooms so one room is a drinking room and the other non-drinking. Once on the ship, you can usually go to the front desk to straighten things out. BUT I am not sure how that works with the drink package. Also, be sure the drinkers will drink enough to justify the cost of the package.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You book the two drinkers in one cabin and the non-drinkers in the other, and when you are onboard, get extra keys to the cabins and sleep where you want. Best info about Carnival is on the Carnival board here, under Cruise Lines A-O. EM

the walking trail is free if you are just walking it, however if you want a tour guide with history and botany updates, then you pay to walk the trail at a specific time with guide. that is what makes it an excursion. HMC is the most beautiful beach, best sand in the water, and prettiest water, have a great time.

Hey there, I'll be cruising for the first time next year on Carnival Ecstasy, so I just have a few questions, since the cruise lines themselves were a bit vague when I asked them about it.

So It'll be me and my wife with my brother and his wife and we'll be booking together for a connecting room. I do know that if one person gets the drink package, then everybody has to get it. The problem is that only me and brother's wife drinks, while my brother and my wife don't. So I'm wondering can only one room gets it the other don't have to get it? or is it like an additional card that they give you or is it attached to your sign in card? Cause if its the former, then we'll just set it up as me and my sister-in-law staying in one room, while the non drinkers stay in the other, so that we can only have to buy just for two people.

Or since we booked it as one big group, do everybody have to get it regardless.

2nd question is, when looking up shore excursions, I see that you have to pay to go on their little trail on Half Moon Cay. Do we really have to pay just to be able to walk, or is the payment of it includes the tour guide?

For more information about Carnival, there is a forum that is specific to Carnival. You might want to read some of the posts there, and ask more questions there.